Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Issues connecting to Plusnet  (Read 4747 times)

mofa2020

• Reg Member
Re: Issues connecting to Plusnet
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2022, 07:45:24 PM »

If this WIki is correct - https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/TP-LINK_Archer_VR_series - the V3 is Mediatek based. :no:

99.9% the chipset is Mediatek (probably EN7516) , this router model supports VDSL2 35b profile like the VR2100.. I believe that tp-link opt in to choose more budget friendly chipsets for 35b supported devices rather than Broadcom in the VR600 (V2) which support 17a profile only.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2022, 09:05:09 PM »

99.9% the chipset is Mediatek (probably EN7516) , this router model supports VDSL2 35b profile like the VR2100.. I believe that tp-link opt in to choose more budget friendly chipsets for 35b supported devices rather than Broadcom in the VR600 (V2) which support 17a profile only.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/239358

Definitely an en7516, I'm using an en7512 in my zyxel t20b.

andrewtjb

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2022, 11:18:30 PM »

Yes definitely mediatek I did some googling earlier as I always just assumed it was broadcom  :D

Works fine though apart from the issues with the cabinet.

I actually plugged in the HG612 earlier just out of curiosity to see if it synced any higher but was about the same maybe even a bit lower.

I'm on a ECI cabinet though so might be different if I was on Huawei.

andrewtjb

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2022, 12:06:43 PM »

Thought id give a update as i had some more information from Openreach engineer about the line capping.

Capped at 60Mb/s at PCP (cabinet) then 10Mb/s loss over cable length between PCP and premises resulting in a sync rate of 50Mb/s. Max capacity is higher but not able to remove cap.

As requested by industry (i.e CP's), a new DLM profiling was rolled out across the network where upon reset / LnS it will leave the service with the highest level of error correction available.
ReTX for Huawei (no sync rate overheads)
Interleaving for ECI (~20Mb sync rate overhead).

The CP's are aware and requested this change.

further comms will come out about it, but in the meantime....

AVOID doing a DLM reset unless you really have too. Let DLM do the job it's meant to do, and it will actively review your service upon fault closure and implement any changes in its routines (usually within 48hrs).

Do NOT Lift and Shift if you have 60Mb at the DSLAM on an ECI, as your new port when active will just be the same.

Just advise the end user that DLM will now monitor their service for the next couple of days and work to either stabilise their line further or remove its restrictions to improve their speed.

As i said above the CP's are aware of this, and will not clear reject a fault as a result of the issue.

DCOE operatives are advised NOT to alter the interleaving settings, if asked as a result of a Lift and Shift or DLM reset, and to advise engineer to explain the DLM process to the end user.

The purpose of the changes are to reduce repeat reports as a result of historic DLM resets leaving a circuit in an un-protected state, and the action of DLM stabilising the service makes the end user believe the issue has not been resolved.
If the above process is followed, when DLM manages the service, it will only improve (providing the root cause issue has been resolved), providing a better experience for the end user.

Edit: reuploaded image without circut ID
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 05:28:51 PM by andrewtjb »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2022, 03:22:43 PM »

That doesn't sound right at all, you cap in order to force syncing at the cap, it being higher than your sync rate nullifies it.

It rather makes me doubt everything else too, especially the idea of losing 20Mbit on ECI from Interleaving.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2022, 05:15:09 PM »

As per Alex, most of that isn’t right ! A DLM reset on ECI puts low interleave on not maximum. You only lose a few mpbs on interleave not 20! I only had 20mbps on my lines interleave would have left 0  :lol:
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

andrewtjb

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2022, 05:35:06 PM »

It does seem a bit strange but he said that it was a internal artical. Think he just copy and pasted stuff from it.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2022, 10:30:29 PM »

If it was "official" guidance it would be worded a LOT better than that.  Openreach documents need a degree or two to translate, which I suppose could be why the engineer got it completely messed up. ;)

If there is any truth in that at all the figures are reversed.  You cap (band) the sync rate and then set the profile rate below that to account for overheads.  It wouldn't be unusual to see your sync rate 20Mbit below the attainable rate when on interleaving, but that's not a cap, its miscalculation of the attainable rate (as the attainable rate is entirely an educated guess by the DSLAM/modem based on your line statistics which themselves are likely averaged).

Also, on full-sync you will be capped about 4Mbit below the sync rate (its actually a percentage of your sync rate thats different depending on fastpath or interleaved), there is no such thing as an uncapped line that I'm aware of as that would allow bursts of traffic dramatically exceeding your bandwidth to reach the cabinet and then have to be dropped, which would be a huge waste of backhaul capacity and cause horrific latency spikes.  The entire purpose of the various error correction schemes is to try to minimise data needing to be sent from the ISP more than once, better it be re-transmitted by the line card from its own buffer at a much lower level in the network stack - the ISP need never know.

While its not impossible, I'm just not convinced Openreach would go to the trouble of having an additional stability profile for ECI as that's the whole point of having DLM to tweak the settings within the performance or stability profile set.  Its a lot more effort for them and the ISP to have different options for different cabinets, or even on the same cabinet (my cabinet is ECI with a Huawei expansion pod).

Also of note, my recent ECI DLM reset put me straight on fastpath and it seem synced solid for nearly three months now.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2022, 09:18:18 PM »

That's absolute nonsense, sorry.

All DLM changes are communicated to CP's.
There's been no briefings for months.

They changed the ECI default to interleaving Low a couple years ago. It's not new at all.
Same goes for Retx on Huawei.

An RTT test will show you are on Interleaving Low. In 13 days a GEA test will show you are on Interleaving Low.
There's no 20Mb overhead. That's absolute hogwash from the engineer.

If your line had a 60Mb cap it should still have a high attainable. The fact your attainable rate at the cabinet is so low shows the low sync is entirely down to crosstalk in the tie cables.

It's very common that an engineer can't find a port with a decent attainable rate.

Edit: as if by magic the net next day there's a DLM reset on an ECI cabinet on the forum. No 20Mb overhead.
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,26867.0.html

For whatever reason some engineers make up complete nonsense. Fortunately the majority aren't like that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 11:44:46 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »

Well I am syncing at over 70 on interleaved, so poor engineer I guess. :p

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2022, 03:51:41 PM »

Good result then considering how it started. Hopefully is will stay at that sync and interleaving might get removed eventually
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything