Broadband Related > ISPs

Zen: IPv6 lost and latency doubled

(1/1)

jelv:
Overnight my DSL dropped and when it reconnected a minute later there was no IPv6 and latency had doubled.

Reconnects and router reboots, still the same. In the router log I can see I'm now connected to BNG3.WH-MAN-RE0 which is in Manchester whereas I used to connect to London gateways.

Phoned support and apparently some sort of regrade was done on my line recently - this may be the first time DSL has dropped since that was done. Waiting for support to get back to me.

jelv:
They called back to say fixed, do a reconnect.

Now back to London gateway, IPv6 restored and latency back to normal.

francisuk1989:

--- Quote from: jelv on March 23, 2022, 09:22:11 AM ---Overnight my DSL dropped and when it reconnected a minute later there was no IPv6 and latency had doubled.

--- End quote ---

Mine dropped randomly about 8:45pm last night shortly but dont have IPv6 enabled so wasn't to sure of what happened. Also on the TalkTalk backhaul at the moment.

Edit: Ignore the high latency i had before the drop as this is a ongoing issue with TalkTalk wholesale with the lon-ixn gateway ending in 23 and 24, Zen are moving me to BT Wholesale on 29th so hopefully things will clear up - thn-lon gateways is unaffected for me.

Reformed:
Looks like a TalkTalk backhaul only issue. May have been a problem within TTB. Neither my BT Wholesale or Plexus backhaul lines showed any issues other than all being disconnected briefly at just before 1am. Presumably that was to balance us all across Zen's LNS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version