Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Are Zen still recommended?  (Read 6809 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Are Zen still recommended?
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2022, 05:47:02 PM »

I had this latency issue. I didn’t get resolved, however I didn’t push as I moved to FTTP with another supplier a week ago.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

francisuk1989

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 06:37:37 PM »

I had this latency issue. I didn’t get resolved, however I didn’t push as I moved to FTTP with another supplier a week ago.

In the end g3uiss, I had to email Paul Stobart the CEO and explain the whole situation and then he forwarded onto 4 people but complaints team did all the resolving of the matter. So went like

1) got a email from "complaints@zen.co.uk" saying that someone from tech team was going to call me next day ...
2) call was from tech team to verify that i wasn't using any sort of Wireless and send them the two gateways traceroute via live chat so they can copy and paste it for a ticket for NOC team.
3) email from Campins to say NoC team is looking at the matter and if i was to move over onto BTw, it will take up to a month)
4) email from Campins to say they was going to move me over from TalkTalk Wholesale to BT Wholesale and would be completed by 29th so end of month.

So will see how my FTTC line is when on BTw in middle of April when the 10 days is up for the DSLAM to recognizes line stability.
Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 80/20 connected via Huawei 288 Cabinet
ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A Bridged to FRITZ!Box 7530 with OpenWrt
BT Mobile SIM Only (10GB) Virgin Mobile SIM Only (6GB) Dual SIM with Oppo A54 5G

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 06:54:36 PM »

Yes I could have gone down that route, but when it happened I was only 6 weeks away from my FTTP, so didn’t recon I was going to get anywhere. My FTTP is 7ms most of the time. On Friday my number will port from Zen to Sippgate and that will be project completed.

I do think it’s sad to get a problem fixed you need the complaints team really.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

francisuk1989

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 11:58:53 PM »

I do think it’s sad to get a problem fixed you need the complaints team really.
Every broadband has there faults from time 2 time, Dont get me wrong, i was on the verg to Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) but £45 is pricey for me but since alot of people are saying there customer service is awesome/

My FTTP is 7ms most of the time

Same with FTTC, When i was on BTw with Zen (before they moved me over to TT wholesale) - Best ping i got was from gameservers what uses vultr for server hosting with an always ping of 5-6ms depends on the time of day but wouldnt peak no where near 7ms, Amsterdam was about 11ms what is pretty decent.

Oh forget to mention that there was another time with them all London xDSL gateways where routed from london to manchester and back to london cousing a loopback https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/zen/t/4655136-routed-from-london-to-manchester-and-back-to-london.html

Is ever since they messed with adding the interxion london gateway (ixn-lon) things just went down hill.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 12:40:08 AM by francisuk1989 »
BT Mobile SIM Only (10GB) Virgin Mobile SIM Only (6GB) Dual SIM with Oppo A54 5G

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2022, 10:17:12 AM »

Every broadband has there faults from time 2 time, Dont get me wrong, i was on the verg to Andrews & Arnold (AAISP) but £45 is pricey for me but since alot of people are saying there customer service is awesome/

But then if AAISP were as cheap as everyone else they would be more popular and support would go downhill there too.

Its why on some level I wish Zen were less competitiveas it makes their margins tighter and tighter plus the bigger they get, the closer they are to being forced to follow the stupid court-ordered blocks.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

francisuk1989

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2022, 01:31:43 PM »

But then if AAISP were as cheap as everyone else they would be more popular and support would go downhill there too.

Its why on some level I wish Zen were less competitiveas it makes their margins tighter and tighter plus the bigger they get, the closer they are to being forced to follow the stupid court-ordered blocks.

Good point Alex  :baby:

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 03:51:47 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback. I haven't as yet done anything. Not sure whether to just stick with Sky or move. Virgin have an offer on their Gig1+Home Phone+O2 Sim for £55/month but, I don't know whether the DOCSIS 3.1 network is any better than DOCSIS 3? It wasn't great back in October when I tried it on M200, although did appear to get the speeds, both down and up. Latency was not good though.

francisuk1989

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2022, 11:36:41 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback. I haven't as yet done anything. Not sure whether to just stick with Sky or move. Virgin have an offer on their Gig1+Home Phone+O2 Sim for £55/month but, I don't know whether the DOCSIS 3.1 network is any better than DOCSIS 3? It wasn't great back in October when I tried it on M200, although did appear to get the speeds, both down and up. Latency was not good though.

When i was on Virgin Media with there Superhub 2, I had alot of utilization issues where they wont do nothing about until it reached something like % even though they can clearly see the issues themselfs,

If you was to move back to them, Make sure your happy, if not cancel within the 28 day cooling off period.

when I tried it on M200, although did appear to get the speeds, both down and up. Latency was not good though.

I always find that i have a min of 14ms even though im in hertfordshire however im not sure if this apples to the new FTTP as i was on a coaxial connection with them.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2022, 03:57:48 PM »

Noted a post today from "jelv" which says quite a lot for Zen's technical support service.
Issue reported:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,26888.msg450950.html#msg450950

Issue resolved:
https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,26888.msg450962.html#msg450962

The time scale between reporting and resolution in this case can't be faulted!

Ironically I'am on my last day with Zen BB FTTC & phone service, FTTP install with BT due tomorrow.
Was tempted away from Zen to BT with their current FTTP + phone offer on 18 month contract, due to a number of install delays, all be it with OR which would likely have occured with any ISP, hopefully the install will actually happen tomorrow. :fingers:
As always, will certainly review my options for next contract period and Zen will likely still be high on my list.

Edit: Typo correction.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:30:29 PM by tiffy »
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2022, 04:49:40 PM »

Ironically I'am on my last day with Zen BB FTTP & phone service, . . .

Should that one occurrence of FTTP actually be FTTC?  ???
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2022, 05:27:18 PM »

Should that one occurrence of FTTP actually be FTTC?  ???

Should it be FTP?

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2022, 08:33:23 PM »

Apologies, yes, should of course have been "last day of FTTC & phone service", now corrected. :blush:
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2022, 09:19:34 PM »

Hopefully all will go well tomorrow.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Trunkz

• Just arrived
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2022, 09:59:48 AM »

Out of curiosity; how do you know if you are on TT or BTw with Zen? I recently moved to FTTC (having come from VM) so having to readjust to the speed drop  :)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2022, 11:42:00 AM »

Out of curiosity; how do you know if you are on TT or BTw with Zen? I recently moved to FTTC (having come from VM) so having to readjust to the speed drop  :)

It used to tell you in their customer control panel but for the majority of customers it no longer does.

A tracert might give an indication of the backhaul provider.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything