Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What are Openreach doing to the ducting to my house?  (Read 5391 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: What are Openreach doing to the ducting to my house?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2022, 08:43:36 PM »

That brings up an interesting point, does a new run of fibre have to made all the way to the exchange or does it depend how much spare is at the aggregation node?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 10:41:35 PM »

To my eyes our street looks very easy - 110m of ducting from the current (ECI) cab with 4 access points along the way.  The route from the exchange looks rather more complicated though.

The local cab and exchange may not have anything to do with the Fibre build,
My 'Headend' exchange is 12 miles away and my local exchange (3 miles) is not used.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Robbie

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2022, 11:36:37 AM »

Final work complete with the use of mini-digger to fix a collapsed bit of ducting. All ducts on my cul-de-sac are fully cleaned-out and with blue pull-ropes installed at all points to my house for the final pulling of fibre.

A few days later the blue ropes were then used to pull in replacement bits of regular telephone cable, rather than fibre, as the work had abraded through my existing copper wires (plus they fixed a corroded junction) which caused my current connection to degrade significantly.  Along the way the junction vault lid surround broke free, requiring a new frame and lid to be concreted in at some point.

I guess these things are never easy!

😂

RintySkinty

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2023, 12:42:08 PM »

Mate - the good news is that Gainsborough is well up and running with FTTP delivery under the 'Rural FTTP programme'.

Regulars on here will know, but to reiterate ... there is a ghost-plan (blueprint) created initially of each PON (typically a PON serves up to 120 homes). Once these have been created, then a proper, real-life person  :) goes and performs a manual survey to fine tune the GP data and submit to Planning.

From what I can see on the quick-view (its a map of the area with life-cycle colours denoting at what stage each PON is at), I would humbly suggest around 1/4 of Gainsborough have had manual surveys carried out, to date. The post-code you gave me being one of them.  :)

Sorry it's a bit late, I've just seen this and registered just to reply, I'm at DN21 1GB, could you tell me If my postcode is also in the plan? This 70mb is painful 😅😭

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2023, 12:52:49 PM »

@RintySkinty The BT checker for your postcode says FTTP not available, the Openreach one...

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband   

Says build planned between now and 2026 which is not very helpful :)

Robbie

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2023, 12:05:20 PM »

Sorry it's a bit late, I've just seen this and registered just to reply, I'm at DN21 1GB, could you tell me If my postcode is also in the plan? This 70mb is painful 😅😭

I've just seen a team surveying your bit of Park Springs, so you are in the plan.  The south east corner of Park Springs is already done, as is the area to your immediate north.

:)
Pages: 1 [2]

anything