Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vladimir Putin is even more dangerous  (Read 2502 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Vladimir Putin is even more dangerous
« on: February 24, 2022, 12:11:35 AM »

I am more worrying that Putin could launch nuke nuclear weapons if he wish because he doesn't care about breaking the international law. Hope not world war 3. Very scary.  :( >:(

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Vladimir Putin is even more dangerous
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 07:36:13 AM »

I think we are a very long way from that. Putin knows there is a concept called 'Mutual Assured Destruction' because the west has enough nuclear capability to destroy Russia at the same time he launches his nuclear weapons. It is a no win scenario and he may be a gambler but I don't think he's that much of a gambler! Yes he is a nasty piece of work and cannot be trusted to obey international law but nuclear war would defeat all his objectives and leave him nothing. Ukraine was a relatively easy target as it was not a NATO member, other states in the region are in NATO which makes them a much more difficult target for him. However we should all expect a cyberwar from state sponsored Russian hackers.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 08:58:50 AM »

We will get him Putin one day and end his power. The world will NOT letting him to win. No chance in hell. Putin are bloody disgraceful and cowardly little prickly man. I am very very angry with him right now. Boris Johnson must get 100% heavily sanctions on him and Russian right now. ACT NOW!

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 11:06:38 AM »

We will get him Putin one day and end his power. The world will NOT letting him to win. No chance in hell. Putin are bloody disgraceful and cowardly little prickly man. I am very very angry with him right now. Boris Johnson must get 100% heavily sanctions on him and Russian right now. ACT NOW!

I couldn't disagree with this any more.
It's none of our business who the Russians pick as their President. He's a popular figure there. Who are we to end his power?
And it's not the world, it's the West. Specifically NATO countries.

The USA wasn't very happy when Russia plonked some Nuclear weapons in Cuba. It was a bit close to home for their liking.
Russia is worried about the same thing. NATO is expanding and is practically on Russia's doorstep with Ukraine continuing to signal that it wishes to join.

The UK needs to keep its nose out and stop trying to be the world police.
Economic sanctions are sufficient.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »

I couldn't disagree with this any more.
It's none of our business who the Russians pick as their President. He's a popular figure there. Who are we to end his power?
And it's not the world, it's the West. Specifically NATO countries.

The USA wasn't very happy when Russia plonked some Nuclear weapons in Cuba. It was a bit close to home for their liking.
Russia is worried about the same thing. NATO is expanding and is practically on Russia's doorstep with Ukraine continuing to signal that it wishes to join.

The UK needs to keep its nose out and stop trying to be the world police.
Economic sanctions are sufficient.

I agree that sanctions are the way to go but much much stronger than this government has done so far. Ukraine is (or should be) a sovereign nation and should be allowed to chart its own path. I do see why Russia would be worried about it joining NATO, but NATO does not deploy nuclear weapons as a rule in NATO countries it is not necessary. I can see some parallels with the Cuban Crisis, but it is somewhat different. Nothing that Ukraine has actually done can be said to support Putins action. It's up to NATO whether or not Ukraine is allowed to join.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 01:19:31 PM »

I'm all for stronger sanctions.
I'm absolutely no fan of Vladimir Putin or the Russian regime. I just don't believe it's the UK's job to police the world.
Comments like we will end his power... it's none of our business who Russians choose to elect.

I also think when the governing party takes nearly £2M in donations from Russian citizens with links to the regime it undermines credibility before they've even started.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 02:05:06 PM »

After Ukraine it will be all the other former states of the USSR, then all the countries which were part of the USSR zone of influence (including half of Germany) and he will keep expanding as new countries are then the front line between Russia and NATO. He must be stopped!

Don't overestimate how popular he is at home. We all know what happens to those who oppose him which is why they are keeping their heads down.

He MUST end up in The Hague!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 08:58:57 PM »

But did the Russian people really choose Putin??? And what false information and/or promises were they given, it would seem that the Russian people don't want this war.

Give the man an inch and he's going to take a mile, and the next, and the next, where will he stop?

Trouble is he knows that Europe is dependant on Russia for gas, what would happen if Russia turned off the gas???
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 09:14:07 PM »

Just saw the mail online Russia attack Turkey ship by Ukraine. Awful.

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »

Trouble is he knows that Europe is dependant on Russia for gas, what would happen if Russia turned off the gas???

well it's a 2 way thing in reality.

yes europe needs the gas, but russia also needs the income from supplying the gas.
if they cut it off then they also cut off their income.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2022, 09:48:19 AM »

One thing that will come out of this is that the EU and Germany particularly will significantly accelerate the move to renewables to reduce and ultimately eliminate the need for Russian gas and oil.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2022, 10:59:51 AM »

Priti Patel are DISGRACEFUL in this UK. Kick her out NOW! She not welcomed any Ukrainian to UK. I do feel ashamed of my own country now under Boris Johnson government.

I do have spare room as I would welcomed any Ukrainian woman with their kids in my house to kept them safe.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2022, 07:58:06 PM »

yes europe needs the gas, but russia also needs the income from supplying the gas.

Apparently it gets worse, Ukraine supply 90% of the Neon used in US semiconductor manufacturing, 70% of the global supply.  Russia supplies over 30% of global Palladium.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2022, 11:22:59 PM »

Apparently Russia has a £650 Billion war chest (or something like that), so unfortunately I'd think they'd ride it out better than Europe will, Putin and his cronies will be OK, as for the Russian people I doubt he cares about them.

Apparently it gets worse, Ukraine supply 90% of the Neon used in US semiconductor manufacturing, 70% of the global supply.  Russia supplies over 30% of global Palladium.

I doubt there are many countries in the world that are self sufficient these days. I think when Putin made his threat the other day if the west gets involved, that it will be the gas cut off, supplies of other stuff, and cyber attacks - we all know how well the Russians like to hack things.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2022, 01:26:38 AM »

The Mirror was reporting tonight on Facebook that Anonymous had hacked the Kremlin website taking it offline and also some Russian TV feeds which have been playing Ukrainian music.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655
Pages: [1] 2