Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video demonstrating what 3 UK's 5G 100mhz allocation is capable of  (Read 3230 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Video demonstrating what 3 UK's 5G 100mhz allocation is capable of
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 03:26:58 PM »

5g here is really bad, 4g indoor coverage city wide, 5g coverage city wide only outdoors, and spotty indoors, at my address unless I root the phone to disable 5g, it will keep switching between 4g and 5g, and when in 5g its about 8-20mbps, 4g its about 60-150mbps.

If relevant phone is a one plus 8 pro.  Added this given the post above mine. :p

celso

Re: Video demonstrating what 3 UK's 5G 100mhz allocation is capable of
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 07:29:33 PM »

5g here is really bad, 4g indoor coverage city wide, 5g coverage city wide only outdoors, and spotty indoors, at my address unless I root the phone to disable 5g, it will keep switching between 4g and 5g, and when in 5g its about 8-20mbps, 4g its about 60-150mbps.

If relevant phone is a one plus 8 pro.  Added this given the post above mine. :p

You should be able to disable 5G in the phone's settings. I'm using a custom ROM (LineageOS) on my 8 Pro so I don't remember the exact steps, but I remember seeing a setting inside Settings » Network and Internet that allowed me to not use 5G.

There's also the "secret" *#*#4636#*#* menu (dial this and then "call") which should allow you to force the phone to use 4G/LTE. Look for the Phone Info (or something like that) option.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything