Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Apology  (Read 4436 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Apology
« on: January 15, 2022, 08:12:28 AM »

May I apology to Kitz and everyones here on this forum for my badly behaviour and heated moment. I better start to best behaviour myself and no more metion of speed test, dsl stats, btw checker, and gfast talk. I haven't been well lately, all alone last xmas give me lots of mental illness health and too much obsessed with gfast stats kept checked every 30 minutes in the last 4 weeks are making me ill.

Lastly, I have to accepted to live with stable connection and get on with my own life with doing something different. I am thinking of going to swimming, gym to get my fitness back and maybe I start to join Lawley Running Club to get my mind off things. And finally, going to stay with my gfast until May then downgraded to FTTC 40/10 and that's was it.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 12:38:52 PM »

I think getting out doing some exercise will work wonders for your mental health.
Doing nothing with your broadband until May is a good move but, like Kitz, I'm not convinced you'll be happy with a 40/10 connection and think you'd be better off with BT's Essential 80/20 service, but that is a decision only you can make.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:07:27 PM »

I haven't been well lately, all alone last xmas give me lots of mental illness health and too much obsessed with gfast stats kept checked every 30 minutes in the last 4 weeks are making me ill.

Sorry but the problem was not just this Christmas you have been doing this for years and i fear once you drop to 40/10 it is going to make you more anxious about your speed and you will be back on the speed check every half hour again.

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:00:44 PM »

May I apology to Kitz and everyones here on this forum for my badly behaviour and heated moment. I better start to best behaviour myself and no more metion of speed test, dsl stats, btw checker, and gfast talk. I haven't been well lately, all alone last xmas give me lots of mental illness health and too much obsessed with gfast stats kept checked every 30 minutes in the last 4 weeks are making me ill.

Lastly, I have to accepted to live with stable connection and get on with my own life with doing something different. I am thinking of going to swimming, gym to get my fitness back and maybe I start to join Lawley Running Club to get my mind off things. And finally, going to stay with my gfast until May then downgraded to FTTC 40/10 and that's was it.

I don't think you should be apologising. I'm actually appalled by some of the comments that were aimed at you, and I think it is those that are behind them that should be apologising to you.

However, I do agree with what has been said here that perhaps going out and taking up a hobby of some sort would be good, as these are always good for one's mental health. Perhaps seeking professional help would also be a good thing to consider.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 03:53:51 PM »

>I don't think you should be apologising. I'm actually appalled by some of the comments that were aimed at you, and I think it is those that are behind them that should be apologising to you.

Hear hear! Completely agree. (Although I’m biased somewhat.)

> However, I do agree with what has been said here that perhaps going out and taking up a hobby of some sort would be good, as these are always good for one's mental health.

Absolutely.

> Perhaps seeking professional help would also be a good thing to consider.

Very important to at least get some advice, can only help.

[Moderator edited -- A one character insertion fix.]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 04:29:26 PM by burakkucat »

Reformed

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 04:06:16 PM »

Who am I to judge you too much?

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 04:09:50 PM »

Who am I to judge you too much?

That is a strange statement surely its -

Who am i to judge.

How can you judge someone too much?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 08:37:22 PM »

I don't think you should be apologising. I'm actually appalled by some of the comments that were aimed at you, and I think it is those that are behind them that should be apologising to you.

Glad I'm not the only one confused about the whole ordeal, though I do understand from Kitz that max gave as good as he got, bad things were said on both sides.  But it never would have started if those people complaining about max wasting their time had just chosen NOT to post in the first place.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 02:12:23 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one confused about the whole ordeal, though I do understand from Kitz that max gave as good as he got, bad things were said on both sides.  But it never would have started if those people complaining about max wasting their time had just chosen NOT to post in the first place.

Sorry i totally disagree max was in a cycle where his neighbour was getting constantly higher speeds than him and even though it made no difference to the way the internet worked at his home it cause him to  check his speeds every 30 minutes for 4 weeks solid (as he admitted in the post)

If you go back through my posts to Max you will see i have suggested several times (as have many other members) that he should stop doing regular speed checks and go and do something positive instead and to only check his speed when he noticed his connection wasn't working properly i don't think members were complaining that he was wasting their  time but wasting his own and making himself ill.

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 05:53:49 PM »

That is a strange statement surely its -

Who am i to judge.

How can you judge someone too much?

You're onto pointing out someone else's issues with semantics, but I'd like to point out yours with regards to punctuation/lower case:

- Not 'its', but 'it's'

- Not 'i', but 'I'

- Not to mention missing commas.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 05:57:35 PM by Edinburgh_lad »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2022, 07:03:00 PM »

Disappointed by the direction this thread is taking.  I have some words to add but as it takes me a while to do things these days I don't want it to degenerate further in the mean time,  so I am going to temporarily lock the thread.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything