Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.Fast connection speed suddenly dropped  (Read 2142 times)

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: G.Fast connection speed suddenly dropped
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 06:25:57 PM »

I have decided enough is enough. I have cancelled g fast now and going to move back to plusnet on fftc 40/10 with new order. I expected will get final payment for the remaining left of five months left on g.fast to be billed soon.

I look forward going back to plusnet and for me and my own health fttc 40/10 will do me good. No more stats, no more speed test check etc.

That's just pointless as you'll effectively be paying twice for your connection - a total waste of money!
Just ignore it until May and then switch as you said you would previously.

Edited to add I've just seen @j0hn has said the exact same thing.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 06:27:44 PM »

I am convinced at this point that adslmax is just a troll

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 06:31:15 PM »

I wouldn’t worry as he won’t do what he says, never does. This is a serious case of OCD. From my knowledge feeding this OCD is the worst thing for the OP.

Perhaps ignoring the posts would be better for everyone, I would hate to think the kind people on here could be guilty of contributing to a mental disorder
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 08:07:39 PM »

I look forward going back to plusnet and for me and my own health fttc 40/10 will do me good. No more stats, no more speed test check etc.

Why wont you check the speed every couple of hours to make sure you are getting what you are paying for?

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 08:19:27 PM »

I wouldn’t worry as he won’t do what he says, never does. 

Sad but true.

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 08:26:09 PM »

Perhaps ignoring the posts would be better for everyone, I would hate to think the kind people on here could be guilty of contributing to a mental disorder

I think you're delusional about the meaning of the word 'kind' in this sentence, and I'm concerned about what you wrote in that sentence anyway.

I've been following this post since its inception, and adslmax is what they are, but seriously, maybe you need to carefully think about your word choice.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2022, 08:29:28 PM »

You mean people on this forum are not kind ?
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2022, 08:57:11 PM »

I've been following this post since its inception, and adslmax is what they are, but seriously, maybe you need to carefully think about your word choice.

What does this mean?

spaace

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2022, 09:21:15 PM »

plot twist, his neighbours is a kitz user and doesn't even have g.fast

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 09:38:33 PM »

I wouldn’t worry as he won’t do what he says, never does. This is a serious case of OCD. From my knowledge feeding this OCD is the worst thing for the OP.

What does this mean?

Its clear he suffers from depression (or something similar) and I think he uses monitoring his line as something to take his mind off other things.  I don't like the idea that something much worse could happen if he didn't have that distraction, even if in itself its not healthy either.

That hits me on a personal level as I have lots of things I use as distractions from the fact I have few real-life friends, and just as I was trying to make some the pandemic comes along and scuppers that.  I've always been extremely lonely, struggle to relate to other people (yet have an excess of empathy) and the Internet is my life line.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:40:47 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2022, 09:44:27 PM »

We assume Max is telling the truth, even though there have been countless times where he has lied to us.

It's evident at times he does this for a reaction - that is not a sign of depression that I am familiar with but I am no expert

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2022, 10:30:25 PM »

We assume Max is telling the truth, even though there have been countless times where he has lied to us.

It's evident at times he does this for a reaction - that is not a sign of depression that I am familiar with but I am no expert

Count yourself lucky not to be on this awful depression situation with mental health illness. Don't be so nasty to me. Leave me alone.

Closed this thread please

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2022, 10:36:32 PM »

Closed this thread please

As requested.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2022, 11:28:26 PM »

I am so cross about some of the posts in here. 

Be extremely thankful I am too ill right now to go both guns blazing  I've sat here for well over 4 hrs stop start trying to post just this.   It's frustrating  because there are several points I want to make

1. Max's line has done this before about 6 months ago after an engineer visit.  It was DLM related and righted itself within 24/48 hours.  You havent even given the line chance yet.   It was an Engineer reset to open profile., it will be going through various stages just like with  FTTC after reset will go to interleave by default.     Noone gets open profile forever.

2. Max It is no wonder forum users have no sympathy, you ignore their advice and then pull a stunt like this. 
Your addiction is now making you appear selfish and egotistical. You've pushed everyone patience too far. People get fed up of trying to help people who dont help themselves.

3. 40/10 even ignoring what was said the other day.   You know damn well that 40/10 wont cut  it and will be changing things within a week.

4. It is unfair to cheat yet another small ISP.  Note this

I have cancelled g fast now and going to move back to plusnet on fftc 40/10 with new order.

most normal people would migrate.
Max knows what he is doing, he's an expert on cancelling without penalty, wrangling new deals and then changing his mind.
 Green ISP lost out financially and were left to pick up Openreach fees. Thats not to mention how time intensive support wise in the 2/3 short months he was with them.

Have more. Have to stop.

Edit Even though there have been more posts & I got the warning notice.,
When it takes me the best part of 5 hours I am going to hit the send button because I can.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2022, 11:53:23 PM »

What does this mean?

I am going to take a moment to answer maxheadroom's question regarding the phrase, emboldened, in Edinburgh_lad's post.

It is a perfectly correct format of usage of the English language where the person making the statement (i.e. Edinburgh_lad) does not wish to assume the gender of the person who subject of that statement (i.e. adslmax).

There are three possible phrases that could have been used --
  • "and adslmax is what he is"
  • "and adslmax is what she is"
  • "and adslmax is what they are"
Hopefully that explains the choice of the wording of that phrase.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.
Pages: 1 [2]