Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Our Leader on the www  (Read 3374 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Our Leader on the www
« on: January 08, 2022, 11:03:22 AM »

Nice to see Our Leader out and about again

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Our Leader on the www
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 02:36:16 PM »

Strangely that's not the image I had of her... ::)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 02:48:12 PM »

She looked very similar when I met her once, at her local Tel Exchange.  :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 04:36:12 PM »

@Black Sheep - In happier days. :(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 07:53:02 PM »

:lol:

I wish.  You're too kind.  The past few years have been harsh and taken their toil.  :'( 
Losing ~5 stone in about as many months and a neuro related degen disease does not make one look in the least bit healthy. :/

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 10:19:58 PM »

Lots of love and best wishes from all of us, and thanks for your creation.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »

Aye, as per Weaver's comments - keep fighting the good fight best you can. Our mutual friend (Karen), is pretty much in pain the whole time now as well.  :'(

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 08:08:07 PM »

Cheers guys.   :flower:

>> Karen), is pretty much in pain the whole time now as well

Sorry to hear that and send my best wishes.  Since I last chatted with her (must be more than 2yrs), its been decided that FM was likely a misdiagnosis.  I was temp discharged from pain clinic 2yrs ago as both the physio and their doctor said they couldnt work with me as they suspected something else going on.  Despite me working with them it was obvious I was getting worse and the physio in particular was concerned that he could be doing damage.   Some of the symptoms I have now are not typical of FM, but it is difficult because so many FM symptoms are typical crossovers with other illnesses and diseases.     

The situation with Covid has done me absolutely no favours as many depts have ground practically to a standstill, its frustrating.   I need another MRI and spinal tap, but consultant phoned last week to say even though I was on his priority list he had no idea when the tests would be done due to the hospital being critical.    Apparently this areal no longer does some of the tests and doesnt even deal with certain neuro diseases and I have to elsewhere which is a PITA as by the time I messed with transport it practically takes up the whole day.  There's even been a couple of times when I was beginning to think I'd be stuck there all night and they ended up sending me home in a cab. - Prob cheaper than a 2 man crew from Manchester in an Ambulance which happened before now.    MS has been mentioned several times by other consultants locally, but they cant officially diagnose me and has to be neuro elsewhere. Very tired of how slow the cogs are turning especially when it is now evident that I am not at all a well bunny.  The neurologist face was a picture when he physically saw me face-2-face for an appt rather than telephone consulations and theres been some back peddling - glad that I had a support worker there with me to witness it.   I'm not exaggerating how frail I am and how I struggle to keep myself from having to go in.  I need an op to remove a (suspected benign) tumour, but after careful consideration and weighing up the risks,  its been agreed that I am not well enough to undergo surgery.  The tumour which is about the size of a small chickens egg/golf ball is as is not related to the neuro stuff and has been officially designated as the least of my worries.   Not wanting or looking for sympathy as Ive come to terms with "it is what it is" and I dont see things changing much with the covid situation.   Plenty of things I could say about that but too tired and weary   I'm great at starting posts but far too often I tire before done.   Its a miracle this one got through.  :D
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2022, 08:22:23 PM »

Oh wow, L - FFS I didn't realise it had gotten that bad, it sounds like what really can only be described as a 'living hell' !!  :no:

I have to say, you're a lot braver than me - I'm literally in pieces if I get a cold. I truly and sincerely hope 'they' find some kind of cure or drug that would see you enjoying some sort of quality of life !! I would also hope your K and others are there to support you throughout this ??!! There's only so much the written word can achieve.

My very best to you, L xx