Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bognor Regis  (Read 2421 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Bognor Regis
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 07:49:51 AM »

I have no idea where the 6 months comes from ?? The 'mark-ups' would have washed away well before that time period elapsed.

What I have laid out above, is the bog-standard template. Unless 'you' are involved in the actual build programme, 'you' will not know what is going on behind the scenes especially where civils is concerned. Take chakobsa's 2 x new poles that he mentions ..... the T1 contractor does all the running by applying for permits with the HA and doing all the necessary searches for exisiting services in the vicinity.

There may be HPP/MPP gas pipelines in the area and they have to involve Cadent, who are notoriously slow to respond, so this could easily take the 10-week glide path beyond its ECD .... but 6 months ??!! No, nay, never. OR would be kicking butt.

Like I have said though, I am nor part of the build programme so have no idea of timescales/issues/challenges in that locality. Every single PON build is bespoke.  :)

chakobsa

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 07:43:35 PM »

My comment re 6 months comes from the point when notices went up indicating where OR were planning to install 5m posts. These were laminated a4 sheets either on a 2 foot stake in a grass verge or attached to existing street furniture. They went round the whole estate marking where new posts would go in 1 go.

All the existing posts and major ground works were completed and cabled up and then finally new posts went in later and joined to existing posts. This seemed to be the last phase.

During Covid I have been working from home and go for a walk round the estate each day and have watched the progress week by week. Onviously I don't know who did what but it has been at least 6 months from 1st activity with notices on posts to most of the estate now starting to light up just before xmas.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 07:51:32 PM »

Ah right - those are mandatory 28-day poling notices, giving the local residents a chance to lodge a complaint. The civils/streetworks permits can't be applied for until this time period has elapsed.

So, I would be looking at 2 months at the most to have them permitted or stood. Must have adopted the Spanish way of working down there - manana, manana !!  :blush: ::)
Pages: 1 [2]