Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Amazon and UK VISA Credit Cards  (Read 3090 times)

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Amazon and UK VISA Credit Cards
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2021, 07:51:27 PM »

@chrysalis. I’m sure your right. Even though other posters have confirmed banks like RBS and Natwest are going to move to Mastercard, neither can manage without the other it’s a fact of the commercial world. It’s a stand off, but both organisations need customers who generally won’t change providers to suite a retailer!
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2022, 10:19:15 AM »

As I suspected this has been cancelled, or at least postponed, email received this morning.
Dear Amazon user

The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. 

Should we make any changes related to Visa credit cards, we will give you advance notice. Until then, you can continue to use Visa credit cards, debit cards, Mastercard, American Express, and Eurocard as you do today.

Thank you for being an Amazon customer.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2022, 10:26:06 AM »

Amazon rejected all of my Mastercards as not valid for the £20 promotion, so I just left my Visa Credit Card as default.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2022, 10:38:22 AM »

I did change mine to a VISA debit card and got the £20, now I've just changed back to my VISA credit card!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2022, 01:19:50 PM »

As soon as I got the £20 voucher, I changed mine back to my Visa card.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2022, 08:43:49 PM »

As I suspected this has been cancelled, or at least postponed, email received this morning.

Figures, I just hope that doesn't mean Amazon gets a favourable deal to everyone else as that's downright wrong.  They already have so many logistical advantages compared to smaller businesses.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2022, 02:07:00 AM »

As predicted I think its been abandoned.

Just ordered something on my phone, the message was cut off, but it said next to my credit card "the expected changes will no long...."

I also two days ago had an email from virgin money they were in talks with amazon.

--edit--

I see ronski already beat me to it, but I will keep this here anyway so I feel good.  Like ronski I kept my credit card as my payment method, as they only paid me to add a debit card and nothing else.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2022, 01:43:48 PM »

Came here to say similar.   I never did get an email with the offer.  Despite contacting them they still said they couldnt do anythng unless I received the email.   I was a tad peed off to say the least as Ive been a customer since about 1997. So I didnt change anything   

About a week later when I was looking at buying somethingch I put in my basket. Then when checking my order I noticed an advert at the top of the screen for £20 after I updated by card details. Which Iid and I got a £20 voucher off m.y next spend with them.   O pnly had to change details in my main account - Not prime.    I was waiting to see if they sent another one for my Prime,       

The expected change regarding the use of Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk will no longer take place on January 19. We are working closely with Visa on a potential solution that will enable customers to continue using their Visa credit cards on Amazon.co.uk. 

Should we make any changes related to Visa credit cards, we will give you advance notice. Until then, you can continue to use Visa credit cards, debit cards, Mastercard, American Express, and Eurocard as you do today.

Thank you for being an Amazon customer.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything