Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking for a new laptop battery from the UK  (Read 5311 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Looking for a new laptop battery from the UK
« on: January 04, 2022, 06:22:14 PM »

Does anyone on here know any genuine UK based battery suppliers who do laptop batteries. All the ones I've found by searching when you dig deeper are actually Chinese companies. Having purchased one recently from Amazon which turned out to be a Chinese copy which has been useless, wont hold charge for 5 days with no use, I am very wary of anything Chinese. Seems like I have no way to return this for a refund!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Looking for a new laptop battery from the UK
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 06:26:23 PM »

Short of buying an OEM replacement, which are usually expensive, I suspect you are likely to struggle.
I had a similar experience a few years ago with an eBay laptop battery that worked for about a month and then refused to take a charge. Luckily eBay saw sense when the seller wanted me to return it to China and just refunded me.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 07:14:01 PM »

I've also struggled in the past, not just with laptop batteries, but phone and tablet batteries to. Unfortunately it seems it's just pot luck.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 07:49:55 PM »

That's the issue, everyone I've looked at has a number of reviews showing rubbish  batteries and even though they UK domains they are  Chinese companies, should not be  allowed. I'll keep  trying.

Stuart

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 08:15:36 PM »

Does anyone on here know any genuine UK based battery suppliers who do laptop batteries. All the ones I've found by searching when you dig deeper are actually Chinese companies. Having purchased one recently from Amazon which turned out to be a Chinese copy which has been useless, wont hold charge for 5 days with no use, I am very wary of anything Chinese. Seems like I have no way to return this for a refund!

My battery died a while ago and i couldn't get a decent replacement the laptop is still decent spec so having read a few threads i removed the battery and now use it connected to the mains, not ideal but its a lot faster booting etc.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 09:01:29 PM »

My battery died a while ago and i couldn't get a decent replacement the laptop is still decent spec so having read a few threads i removed the battery and now use it connected to the mains, not ideal but its a lot faster booting etc.

Not really an option.....

Stuart

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2022, 05:19:42 AM »

Seems like I have no way to return this for a refund!

Just keep badgering Amazon, they will refund eventually, they always have for me.  Its one reason I prefer to buy off Amazon despite hating the company.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2022, 08:09:44 AM »

That's the issue, everyone I've looked at has a number of reviews showing rubbish  batteries ...

That'll be true of just about any company you look at, especially if you are looking at Trustpilot reviews or similar, so I'd focus on the ones that have a decent number of good reviews.
Is an OEM battery not available for your laptop or is the price of one just too ridiculous?
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 10:41:32 AM »

I've managed today to get Amazon to accept a return and refund me. I badgered them with the Sale of Goods Act. Now to find a replacement!

Stuart

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 11:59:33 AM »

Buying from eBay/PayPal can also be useful in these circumstances with PayPal also offering free return shipping

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 12:33:18 PM »

Well I've gone for a battery from eBay and paid via Paypal (normal for me). It has 12 months warranty so even if the UK seller goes away eBay should take responsibility if it goes bad. Sadly I am unable to find an OEM battery for this I7 laptop which is a few years old now but works perfectly.

Stuart

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 02:28:15 PM »

Not sure if you mean a UK company shipping from the UK or UK manufactured.
If the former, try Laptop parts http://www.laptopparts.co.uk very quick service. If the latter, Ive no idea.

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 03:08:09 PM »

Beware of Laptopartstore.co.uk

This is NOT based in the UK, they ship from China, takes 30 days!! or more so good bye refund, shockingly bad company to deal with, no email response at all, address is in the middle of a housing estate in Birmingham!! which does not exist.

You can't ship any batteries back to China without breaking transit rules. No tracking!!

I bought a Dell replacement ??? still in it's box... no help from PayPal. over £50 to ship back... if I could!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 03:11:39 PM by parkdale »
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 03:28:15 PM »

No was not that company.

Stuart

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 03:30:46 PM »

Interesting. I've not bought a battery from them but the power jack for a laptop arrived next day and that was in the holiday period between Christmas and New Year.

Hmm, just noticed you are referring to Laptopartstore.co.uk rather than laptopparts.co.uk Are they the same company?
Pages: [1] 2