Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: draytek stats - different since migration  (Read 1385 times)

spaace

• Reg Member
draytek stats - different since migration
« on: January 01, 2022, 11:19:14 AM »

Hi, not so much an issue or complaint, just looking for some info on my connection.

I migrated to enta a few weeks ago, connection has been solid.

connection has been up for almost 2 weeks, i notice i still rarely get any ES (2 ES on downstream in 2 weeks) however i notice my ES on upstream has gone crazy, i used to get very little, similar to downstream but i am now getting around 10k a week, is this likely to cause a problem or does DLM ignore upstream?

I also notice on the stats page, my ReTx is now 0 for downstream and 1 for upstream, i think both of these were 1 before migration, would that be a cause for the ES on upstream?

have attached stats from my router if anyone can run their eye over it and see if everything else appears normal?

Happy New Year!

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: draytek stats - different since migration
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 11:53:29 AM »

Something odd is going on as the US side shows over 10,000 UAS (unavailable seconds) whereas the DS side only shows 30, which is about what I'd expect it to clock up as it synced.
It's also showing ReTx (G.INP?) active on the US side but not on the DS, which is strange as you have a 3dB SNR on the DS suggesting G.INP is active on that side.
Perhaps others more familiar with Draytek stats would be able to explain what's going on.
 :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:59:11 AM by tubaman »
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 12:13:41 PM »

Going back to when I was on FTTC using a Draytek I observed the following:-

1. Retx showing ON at the Far End, i.e. DSLAM means it is set for the Download. Retx showing OFF at the Near End, i.e. the Draytek means it is not set for the Upload.

2. On an ECI cab the Upload stats are cumulative and are not reset on a re-synch, so they do not reflect just the time since resynch.

Edit.
Just noticed the cab appears to be Huawei so point 2 may not be relevant.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 04:23:50 PM »

As Atkinsong observed Draytek always show the Retx values back to front.
You have G.INP/Retx on the downstream only.

The upstream CRC/ES on the Draytek don't reset. That's on both ECI and Huawei cabinets.

On Huawei cabinets the DLM default is Retx on the downstream only.
DLM only applies Retx to the upstream if errors are high enough and it's usually temporary, though the odd line does keep upstream Retx active all the time.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 11:54:53 PM »

I agree with J0hn re Retx values. If you really want to check, you should telnet into Draytek. I can't remember the CLI command (currently using Fritz!box), but it's something like 'vdsl status', where you'll get the accurate values for your connection.

It's true that the upstream CRC/ES don't reset, but in some cases are an accumulative value of all CRC/ES for this particular connection since the your broadband connection was started (i.e. your contract).

You're not saying what Draytek you have. Depending on what firmware you use, you can get better/worse stats.

Also, on 2762ac, if you upload MDM2 firmware, which doesn't support vectoring, downstream and upstream values are reversed for some reason (in comparison to STD, MDM1 and MDM3 firmware). Draytek Support said it was meant to be that way. BT firmware is, as far as I remember, the same as MDM1. Or, rather, MDM1 is repackaged as BT firmware. MDM3 is most conservative of them all and works best on problematic lines. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 11:57:38 PM by Edinburgh_lad »

spaace

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 11:56:51 AM »

thanks, it is a vigor 2860 running latest firmware

the upstream stats did not reset after migration and seemed previously to only periodically reset. however i have never seen them increase at this rate (i can refresh the page every few secs and see it going up). previously it was very little, like the downstream es.

thanks for the info's, connection is solid, speed is around where i expect it to be and ping times are great so nothing to grumble about was just checking the differences on how it used to be. I guess the main difference is the retx being 0 on up (down)