Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Download speed is lower than I would perhaps expect?  (Read 3568 times)

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
Re: Download speed is lower than I would perhaps expect?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2022, 06:31:21 PM »

Difficult to say if I am on re-transmission high as my TalkTalk router doesn't tell me that but even on that I should be able to achieve just over 70 which is still 10 more than I can actually achieve now?

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2022, 07:38:29 PM »

So I did a bit of Googling and somebody suggested turning the router off for half an hour.

Did that and I am now getting above 70, so it looks like something was stuck.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2022, 07:40:00 PM »

And am now syncing at 80000 rather than 79999, that won't be significant though.

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2022, 07:54:10 PM »

@GigabitEthernet  Not many get to the ultimate sync speed. Even adslmax would be pleased with that. ;D

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2022, 08:28:23 PM »

@adslmax would never be happy  :lol:
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2022, 09:42:44 PM »

To be quite honest, I was quite happy with it at 60, just wondered if there was a technical reason. I was quite happy with 50 at home too.

Glad I've got to the bottom of it though, thanks all for your help.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:21 PM »

@adslmax would never be happy  :lol:

Can we not drift into making fun of people with mental health problems please?!
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2022, 01:37:16 AM »

Can we not drift into making fun of people with mental health problems please?!

What you may not be aware of is inappropriate posts that have since been removed.  If he hadnt made those posts then the ensuing comments may not have happened either.

Whatever way I am not a happy bunny regarding several of todays posts.  It's 2 way and to be perfectly frank both parties are as bad as each other when you start making personal comments in each other's threads to derail it.

This situation has been brewing for a while.  Moderation can be a hard task when you try to be impartial and other forum members may not be aware of the full circumstances surrounding moderation and what action has been taken.   It's not always helpful to suggest we do this or that, when you may not be aware of the full circumstances of any other events that may have happened.

We have always been sympathetic towards members with various mental health or learning disabilities, possibly more so than some of the other BB forums.  However that too requires mutual respect & recognition of what is and is not socially acceptable. Having mental health problem is not an excuse to do what you want.   It doesn't make for a pleasant atmosphere if one person(s) start using it as an excuse to stretch the limits when it comes to socially acceptable behaviour.  Mental health problems do not give you a do what you want card... nor does it mean you can take advantage of the good nature of other forum members.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2022, 10:22:07 AM »

You are correct, I clearly missed those posts.  But as they were deleted that's even more reason to not to poke the bear, so to speak.

I very much appreciate the moderation style of this forum.  The fact we can drift off topic, casually chat and the threads simply get split (rather than the ban-hammer many forums use) makes it a pleasant place to visit every day.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything