Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 1118 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Leaving
« on: December 16, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »

I have decided to leave Kitz Forum for the best interest of everyones getting annoyed with me. I am taking my break away from this forum for next 12 months.

Have a great xmas and happy new year to you all.

P.S.

I have removed dslstats now. Time to stop looking at stats and no more speed test. Forget about broadband.

I am going to enjoy my xmas in bed with my mental health illness.

Bye for now

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Leaving
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 04:57:54 PM »

Adios mi amigo.  :)

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 05:56:42 PM »

I have decided to leave Kitz Forum for the best interest of everyone's getting annoyed with me.
I am taking my break away from this forum for next 12 months.
I have removed dslstats now. Time to stop looking at stats and no more speed test

I sincerely hope you do manage to stop constantly checking your speeds and do something constructive with your life instead but its not the first time you have said this and i have an awful feeling it wont be the last, i hope you prove me wrong and you have a happy Christmas and new year.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 08:11:18 PM by maxheadroom »

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 08:21:19 AM »

All the best Max. For me it was more exasperation than annoyance. Look after yourself and enjoy your nice fast connection for what it is, and if the speed goes up and down a bit just try to accept it as one of those things in life that really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 08:51:31 AM »

All the best Max.

* When you think about your internet connection’s downstream speed, try dividing the number of Mbps by 2.5, then save that number as SpDown.
* When you think about your internet connection’s upstream speed, try dividing the number of Mbps by 0.45, then save that number as SpUp.

Say you have a 450 Mbps downstream internet connection, then consider (450 Mbps / SpDown ) = 160 Mbps, so your downstream is 160 times faster than mine. So that factor of 160 times faster than me is pretty good, eh? If I had your internet but made 100 x slower downstream than mine is, then it would still be good, a treat for me!

And say you have a 300 Mbps downstream internet connection, then consider (300 Mbps / SpDown ) = 106 Mbps, so your downstream is 106 times faster than mine. So that factor of 106 times faster than me is pretty good too still? If I had your internet connection but made 100 x slower downstream than mine is, then it would still be fine for me!

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 09:15:31 AM »

@Weaver

You might also have reminded him that he is paying a fraction of the cost you are paying for his over 100 times better connection.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 10:05:50 AM »

@Weaver

You might also have reminded him that he is paying a fraction of the cost you are paying for his over 100 times better connection.

It would certainly focus ISPs minds if you paid based on the speed you actually got rather than an 'up to' speed. It'd also focus consumers minds on how much speed they actually need!
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 01:18:14 PM »

@Jelv

I was only doing one of my copper lines. Is adslMax BT?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »

Sssshhhhh - or we'll have an 'I'm back' thread, before you know it.  :lol: