Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New mattress  (Read 3992 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
New mattress
« on: December 03, 2021, 10:04:26 PM »

For someone who spends over 23 hours per day in bed, a good mattress is invaluable. And the other day we discovered a broken spring sticking out of the side of the mattress right near my elbow. Not good, so we decided to take advantage of the sales with fantastic results. New memory foam type mattress arrived at the beginning of this week, doubled up in a box. My neighbours took it upstairs and opened the box up in the office where it expanded until it filled the room floor to ceiling. Today same kindly neighbours came to shift old mattress out of the house to the garage and then the bedroom was given a deep clean before neighbours came back to move new mattress in. Heroes.

While all this was happening, I was installed away in the guest bedroom. Cats went crazy; Somhairle had a nervous breakdown because I wasn’t in my usual place. He climbed up onto Janet’s shoulder, miaowing, "where’s daddy?" we can only presume. Janet brought him to see me in my other bedroom while I was fast asleep, but he wouldn’t go near me because I was in the wrong place, so logically the stranger could not be me. When I was installed in the new bed back in my usual bedroom, Somhairle was beaming all over his face, sitting on my chest as usual. All was once again right with the world. Tonight the cats are going crazy racing up and down the stairs, in and out of our bedroom, on and off the wondrous mattress - which smells new and exciting.

Sales are wondrous things but neighbours are even better.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: New mattress
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 11:15:24 PM »

Sales are wondrous things but neighbours are even better.

Yes, very true.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: New mattress
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 09:56:50 PM »

Its amazing how cats are so sensitive to change, even minor ones.

Ours meows like crazy whenever my mum takes the bin bags out, because 99% of the time shes in the house so clearly something is very wrong.

I really hope I never get bed bound, I often can't get 8 hours due to back ache which I thought was the matress but turns it, its just me.  As a new matress didn't help and its seemingly at random, I think its trapped wind due to the IBS but I can't find a pattern on what to eat to prevent it, just try to drink more to keep things "moving".

I wish we had good neighbours, we used to often take in the post for next door but stopped doing so after the woman of the house started leaving her bins on our path and I asked if she would kindly stop doing that as it prevents the bin men emptying our bins and make it hard for me to rotate them back to exactly the right angle my mum can use.  She claimed "I only left them there to block the view of the crap on your garden, its your responsibility to get the council to shift it", which we had been trying to do for ages as it was stuff the council had damaged when replacing our boiler.

Her husband has a van, he could easily have offered to take them to the dump for us as we have no transport.  I read about people with good neighbours and wonder who these people are.  I guess its only really a thing in small villages now. :(
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything