Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A lot of Openreach activity in the town..  (Read 1064 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
A lot of Openreach activity in the town..
« on: November 29, 2021, 09:15:57 PM »

So after my town was added to the most recent list there as been a lot of Openreach vehicles all around town.

I think they are building the fibre network.

My question is, when it becomes available to me, will there be any notification either via email or post?

Or do I just have to keep checking the checkers sites?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Reformed

• Reg Member
Re: A lot of Openreach activity in the town..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 09:53:57 PM »

If you're registered they'll notify you though it may well be a while after it's ready to go. Have a look at https://one.network for works near you, those are a good hint.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 06:54:49 AM »

You should know better than to ask that on here, all of us waiting are stuck hitting refresh on the checkers. :p

Seriously though, the upstairs window can see my DP so while I frantically refresh one.network it will be once I see the equipment on the pole I will fire a new e-mail to Openreach if the checker doesn't report availability in short order.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 10:22:50 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Reformed

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 01:26:49 PM »

They'll release it when it's ready. CBT has a few links in the chain before it is live and those may take time. Zero SLA for time between CBT on pole and going live.

They're usually pretty good about updating availability and unlikely to rearrange their plans based on an email.

Patience is a virtue.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 02:28:07 PM »

I hear you guys about the activity, and hitting those checkers like a doggy looking at a snack  ;D

I don't go out much so I've only been watching the one.network. I noticed there were a couple of road signs for Openreach on there. But when I had to go for a hospital appointment there were Openreach vans all over. Also they keep going down my road. I can see the pole at the end of the road that comes here, so I'll keep my eye on that  :fingers:
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 02:35:08 PM »

I've not been out since July last year, its painful as I REALLY want to see if there are actually Openreach vans in the area as one.network seems to show the same jobs over and over for months on end, suggesting they haven't been completed.  Although I am seeing jobs showing up closer and closer to me which would suggest something is happening.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Reformed

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 08:17:31 PM »

Somewhat more important things to worry about in the grand scheme. Watch the availability checkers. They'll update when the CBT is marked as ready for service and you're able to order. Openreach are pretty efficient on this and no reason to think your specific area will be any different.

anything