Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New OMICRON covid variant - worse than Delta  (Read 3177 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
New OMICRON covid variant - worse than Delta
« on: November 27, 2021, 04:04:32 PM »

Has anyone seen the news about the new OMICRON variant that is more deadly than the DELTA variant (more transmissible and more dangerous) now in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-59438723
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59418127

I ask anyone to watch on the 1 hour special on YouTube "SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WUHAN" by Sky News Australia - if you watch it ALL, you will know why it is ONLY Australia reporting it! and not BBC news, FOX news or EU news

TL;DR - All the western governments had a hand in financing coronavirus research in Wuhan for over 20 years!!! but weren't responsible for the leak at the 2019 Wuhan World Military Olympic Games - watch it - its a eye opener!

cheers
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 04:10:44 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: New OMICRON covid variant - worse than Delta
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 04:51:33 PM »

Has anyone seen the news about the new OMICRON variant that is more deadly than the DELTA variant (more transmissible and more deadly) now in the UK

Neither link you supplied says anything like that.
It's simply been labelled as a variant of concern.

I ask anyone to watch on the 1 hour special on YouTube "SPECIAL INVESTIGATION: WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WUHAN" by Sky News Australia - if you watch it ALL, you will know why it is ONLY Australia reporting it! and not BBC news, FOX news or EU news

TL;DR - All the western governments had a hand in financing coronavirus research in Wuhan for over 20 years!!! but weren't responsible for the leak at the 2019 Wuhan World Military Olympic Games - watch it - its a eye opener!

cheers

Conspiracy theory BS

Fortunately there had been been none of this nonsense posted on these forums so far.
Tin foil that stuff.

Also, Fox ”News" is right wing propaganda. It's not what I would consider a reliable source of anything.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 08:14:51 PM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 05:35:10 PM »

Breaking news, compulsory and mandatory and required by law to wear masks in shops and on public transport.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 05:59:30 PM »

A very sensible announcement. Having listen carefully to the press conference tonight it is obviously sensible to take such precautions now with face coverings, which I might add we had not stopped doing anyway. Face coverings especially the newer FFP2 (I think that's right) are effective at reducing transmission and therefore infection. I also think the vaccination is essential and in my personal view should be mandatory.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 06:17:00 PM »

Most sensible people I believe have continued to wear a covering in those situations
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 07:45:19 PM »

Actually I think that has not been the case.  When we went to the IOW on the ferry on the 2nd November I would  estimate 75-80% of passengers wore masks on our return on the 8th probably less than 30% were wearing  masks an this was after the Captain said it was mandatory. I would suggest less than 20% are now wearing masks in supermarkets since we returned.  For us masks wearing is a no brainer.

Stuart

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2021, 09:20:10 PM »

Face coverings especially the newer FFP2
Stuart
FFP3 are better, *But they are not new *, I bought some @ £7.50 each at the start of the first wave, they are now £2.45 each, with care we use them many times, I also bought some for my wife to ware in her care home admin job, she has fresh one to use each day with a two week supply,  last weeks ones then has 'dry heat treatment' eg an oven for several hours at 80c to kill off any virus, then are used again for the next week while the other are having heat treatment, after a time they are replaced with new ones for her and they are left in storage for a long time and then I use them for my DIY works dusts.

* = Masks have been about for years, mainly for Dusts and fume protection of the wearer, I can think back to 1960 when I first started work they was about then but not so good has they are now.

I also have and had (well before covid days) some of the large double filter ones (like you seen the covid ward medics use on the TV news) not are the only good for covid (98% stopping covid.. with the correct grade !) but are good to stopping any fumes getting to you, a simple example is 'Domestic' household cleaner with it's pungent strong smell, if I am using it for a long time doing a job I can not smell it at all with my face mask on :)

Not only do the FFP2 and FFP3 stop other people getting any of your nastiest the can and do stop Coid virus getting to you from other people that's as long as they are worn and fitted properly around your mouth and nose.

Since the start of covid we have all been taking a Vitamin D3 tablet each day and use of mouth wash & gargle.

We do not touch our farm type gate latch.

All post and parcels are put in isolation for four days before being touched.

We know first hand what and how this nasty covid virus can do in the care home that my wife works in with 17 dead 11 staff ill (but not my wife) and the person who brought it from the hospital never had any signs or symptoms only he was 'Positive'.

Never take risk with covid.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 11:42:11 PM »

My wife sprays the post and everything that anyone else has used - door handles, toilets, bathrooms - with Dettol Antibacterial All-in-Onr Disinfectant Spray -an aerosol can.

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 10:05:53 AM »

Media reporting on COVID related seems to be very politicised so its very hard to work out what is actually going on

I was watching some commentary yesterday in which an 'expert' said that one of the normal ways that viruses mutate is they become simultaneously more infectious and less serious and then die out.  So if this is true then the fact that new mutations are more infectious would seem to be consistent with this idea but we would the also expect it to be less serious.

Hope everyone is keeping healthy anyway

J

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »

I think the issue here is that right now we don't know how this virus will affect people in particular those older with what was described this morning by the man from Moderna as co-morbid health concerns. You may be right but equally you may be wrong. We need time to find out!

Stuart

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 05:00:55 PM »

Neither link you supplied says anything like that.
It's simply been labelled as a variant of concern.

Also, Fox ”News" is right wing propaganda. It's not what I would consider a reliable source of anything.

John, that's what it said on BBC on TV too, so are they tin foil hatters too are they? hehe

Politician eh? Mr Know-it-all (never wrong!)

watch and you will see... it's Sky News and has all the Scientists and Trump denying his part after Obama stopped the funding & him restarting it - funds funnelled through a British scientist - loads more.

[drops mic]

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:37:21 PM by snadge »

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 05:56:16 PM »

Is it coincidental that this new variant’s name is an anagram of “moronic”?
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 06:19:20 PM »

Media reporting on COVID related seems to be very politicised so its very hard to work out what is actually going on

I was watching some commentary yesterday in which an 'expert' said that one of the normal ways that viruses mutate is they become simultaneously more infectious and less serious and then die out.  So if this is true then the fact that new mutations are more infectious would seem to be consistent with this idea but we would the also expect it to be less serious.

Hope everyone is keeping healthy anyway

J

less serious, as in "vaccines only lower the effect that SARS-Cov-2 has on you" = fewer hospital beds used = no lockdown, but still lockdown numbers getting sick with covid 294,000 per last week (roughly J0hn, that's 42,000 yesterday if yer have to get everything perfect)... because since JULY 19 every 'average joe' stopped wearing masks! ...when simply wearing a mask could have curved it almost out by now with herd immunity ...but no, the average person didn't even have the sense, or the knowledge and stopped wearing masks, even on busses /  metros / shops that are asking PLEASE CONTINUE TO WEAR A MASK and a good 70-80% hasn't been (so 20-30% sensible people)...so those who didn't practice mask-wearing since July 19th are partly to blame for the longer continuation of it, the larger numbers of sick that are ever growing!!!

so I'm not surprised theirs a new strain, there will be many more to come, because of what I've just said.

- simple as that! its ignorance in my book!

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 07:49:32 PM »

The mask situation is confusing.

I agree about re-introducing it.

But there seems to be 2 lists, one where you need to wear a mask and the other you don't.

It's weird. You need to wear a mask in a shop but not in a pub  ???
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 07:52:48 PM »

Is it coincidental that this new variant’s name is an anagram of “moronic”?

Didn't Alanis Morissette sing that?
Pages: [1] 2 3

anything