Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some Areas of Blyth, Northumberland, Now FTTP Ready  (Read 2199 times)

lee2009

Some Areas of Blyth, Northumberland, Now FTTP Ready
« on: November 25, 2021, 01:55:45 PM »

so, some of you may of been following my other thread, my journey to fttp in blyth northumberland

well today, got a openreach email...

Fantastic news. Our engineers have finished upgrading your area to Full Fibre and you have access now to Ultrafast Full Fibre broadband, with speeds of up to 1Gbps†. (That’s 1,000Mbps!)

i can confirm bt and sky are now accepting orders and all fttp speeds are showing for my postcode! im now off to order bt 100 (150 down 30 up)

ive already chatted to bt, and they have regional offers that are NOT on the website, they are offering me bt 100 for £29,99 a month, free install, so do not order online CALL THEM

lee2009

Re: Some Areas of Blyth, Northumberland, Now FTTP Ready
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 02:06:55 PM »

all ordered, sadly they cant install it for another 3 weeks, but order has gone through!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 04:17:24 PM »

Congratulations.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

lee2009

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 08:13:37 PM »

thank you buddy, its took alot longer then i thought it would take, nearly a year since they started to roll fttp out in my town, till be able to order it and get a install date, but im more then happy.

lets hope all the resources and contractors that have been rolling out fttp in my town, can now all move on to another town / city etc and commence work there

lee2009

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »

as a side note, it seems vodaphone have a better offer, black friday deal, they offering 200 meg package for £33 a month - available to everyone.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 09:37:04 AM »

thank you buddy, its took alot longer then i thought it would take, nearly a year since they started to roll fttp out in my town, till be able to order it and get a install date, but im more then happy.

lets hope all the resources and contractors that have been rolling out fttp in my town, can now all move on to another town / city etc and commence work there

I think there may be a little confusion - Blyth isn't finished with, there are still area's (PON's) left to build. It's just that your particular PON has now been built and is CRFS (Customer Ready For Service).

A little bit more info - it takes approximately 3 months from survey to commissioned for each PON - it all depends where your particular PON lies in the glide path (Roll out plan), as to how quickly it gets built and becomes available to you. There will be folk residing in Blyth who would have had FTTP available to them months ago, conversely others will still have to wait months for their PON's to 'go live'.

:)

lee2009

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 11:58:34 PM »

blacksheep thank you for your "expert" input as always, and you are right i should never of asumed just cos my area went live all of blyth would of been live, you are totaly curent, i was at mu cousins house the other day and had noticed not work had been done to his telepgraph pole

admins to avoid confusion, maybe you could change the title to "some areas of blyth northumberland now fttp ready"

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 09:24:06 AM »

Hey - no worries at all, mate.

That's what this fabulous forum is for, info sharing. I'm forever being educated on here and long may that last.  :) :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 03:18:37 PM »

admins to avoid confusion, maybe you could change the title to "some areas of blyth northumberland now fttp ready"

Now done, as requested.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

SpartanWoddy

• Just arrived
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 04:47:30 PM »

Just noticed blue ropes are being replaced with cables in the Avenues, any idea how long after this stage before it can be ordered? 

Madmickuk

• Just arrived
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2022, 08:05:56 PM »

Hi they've started work outside my house new poles up and excavatios etc how long does it take from infrastructure to order?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 12:07:23 PM »

There is no specific time frame as some exchanges are complete before the fibre is run, others the fibre is run and the hardware is on back-order due to the silicon shortage.

Even once its all ready, it can be weeks to month between order and installation as there is limited engineer availability which varies place to place.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Madmickuk

• Just arrived
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 05:55:52 PM »

All work looks complete the wait is going to kill me