Computer Software > Windows 11

Windows 11 Pro

<< < (2/5) > >>

licquorice:
The upgrade automatically creates a W10 folder that can be used to roll back which deletes itself after a number (can't remember how many) of days.

digbey:

--- Quote from: chenks on November 24, 2021, 01:46:37 PM ---should it go wrong you can wipe and manually re-install 10 Pro and still be licenced?

my 10 Pro is activated with a digital licence linked to MS account

--- End quote ---
I've done it a few times and provided you are online and use the same login details, it just works. I've even reinstalled it on different hardware. The activation routine just asks if you've changed hardware, with  a positive reply it continues.
While reinstalling, when asked for a Windows key just click that you haven't got one.

chenks:
one strange thing i've noticed now that i've done the upgrade.

we have an in-house web portal that displays a paperclip icon when there is document attached to something.
on windows 7 and 10 it displayed as a normal paperclip, however in Windows 11 is displays as the "clippy" paperclip icon (with the eyes and eyebrows).
no idea why Windows 11 has decided to bring clippy back from the dead.

the html page is using the ascii code of &#128206;

parkdale:
Well I went for new hardware option... Intel i7 12700k, Asus Z690 Plus D4 WiFi,  Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (RAM) Kit, Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3, ordered free LGA1700 mounting kit form Be Quiet Germany (arrived in 2 days!)

Took M.2 drive from old system, had Windows 10 pro already on it, booted up on new motherboard, re run Windows 11 readiness tool, installed Windows 11 pro/activated.
So GNA drivers on Intel's site and Asus were unsigned... good start! found previous version which worked ok, Asus confirmed that drivers needed signing!
If you use Adobe/OBS or other program that uses onboard graphics and add in card, I have a GTX1080, you need Quick sync... oh dear another problem... installed drivers, but Intel graphics command centre won't recognise UHD Graphics 770, so no hardware acceleration on Adobe premier.
Intel haven't got back to me yet on this.

meritez:
Upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 11 Pro  :-X

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version