Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tuesday Chat  (Read 4588 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Tuesday Chat
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »

Mornin all,thought it was November when I woke up,dark,heavy rain and to top it all Sue informed me at 5.35 that we have a flat front tyre.I got the mini compressor out and inflated the tyre.Thought at first the tyre had been slashed.One or two cars have had this done in recent months.My car is parked on the drive not the road.I wondered if some idiot had let it down,but the valve dust cap was still on.She took it for a spin round the block and it seemed ok,so fingers crossed.
Just spare a thought for the poor families who are on holiday/campsites across the uk with children and this awful weather  :(
Have a good day and try and keep dry.  :)
Just another thought,after watching bits of the Olympics,is there anybody left in the BBC television centre(apart from the tealady)   :hmm:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 09:54:32 PM by dave.m »

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
Re: Tueday Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:25:36 AM »

Morning Uncy and all,

Was raining at 5 here when I was woken by the inconsiderate dolt three doors down...ruddy running his motorcycle with the choke out for 5 mins (every morning at the moment...sigh).... you'd be surprised how loud that is  >:(  Thought I'd try and sleep again cos I rarely get more than 4 hours... so managed it and woke up to sun, but not holding my breath cos there's some dark clouds out there too.

Yes it's a shame for families on their hols and the rain we're having to wash everything out.... I don't remember an August like this before, but no doubt there have been.

Hope your car tyre is ok now Uncy...not a thing to have to be woken up to methinks but needs must et al.

Have a good day everyone whatever you're up to.

Chrissie

Forgot to ask (d'oh) how Blue and Chaz are today... hope they are much better?
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:34:24 AM »

@ Chrissie,re.Blue.He's much better now thanks.Sometimes when you see him hobbling about you think he is on his last legs,but as soon as you get the lead out he bounces about like a spring lamb.He's like alot of old timers,active minds and weak bones. :D

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »

@ Chrissie,re.Blue.He's much better now thanks.Sometimes when you see him hobbling about you think he is on his last legs,but as soon as you get the lead out he bounces about like a spring lamb.He's like alot of old timers,active minds and weak bones. :D

Can relate to that!  :(
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

Well the tyre is still up which means some no mark let it down >:(. The cheeky sods even replaced the dust valve afterwards.UB goes in the loft to find out the old 12 bore.  >:D

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:45:12 AM »

Blue demonstrates how to bounce like spring lamb.  :D

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 01:10:45 PM »

This is Gizzy, she was 18 years old last February and still going strong.
Daughter is feeding one of Tufty's mates on the Lancaster Canal and, luckily for Donald(?), Gizzy is more fond of chicken than duck.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 01:44:58 PM »

Gizzy wonders where her other leg went to.  :D

She is doing very well for 18, isn't she. Asatian cross ? Lovely.

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »

Yes, TD she is Alsatian  cross. Our true alsatian found her abandond in a wood near the pub that we ran in Blackburn.
Took the little bundle and the big girl, Calli, to the vets to get Calli a booster and let him look over the little one. He said that she was only just weaned and was probably about six weeks old at the most. The vet said he would give her a penicillin jab and IF she was alive in two days to take her back for a Parvovirus jab. That was eighteen and a half years ago.
As we lived upstairs above the pub, Calli house trained the little one. she would carry her down the stairs to the back yard to let her do what she wanted and then when it was time to go back up stairs, Gizzy would stand on her back legs and claw the carpet on the step above. Calli would flip her up by using her nose under the little one's bum.
Except for the very rare accident, we never had any mess indoors.
After closing time we used to give Calli the lager slops from the drip trays and thelittle'un had the beer (bitter and mild) slops. One night, Calli had gone behind the bar (with permission) to help herself to a bag of crisps and the barmaid had put a full tray of Stella down for her. Gizzy got there first and in five minutes she had supped a pint and a half of Stella. Ten minutes latew she was staggering all over the place. Bear in mind she could still walk under the bar foot rail without ducking so she was small, so it didn't take much to get her smashed.

She now suffers with selective deafness, she only hears what she wants to.
The present vet says she has catteracts but she can see the ruddy cats at 100 yards.
He operated on her last year to remove a front dew claw which started growing very long and there was a lump where it surfaced. It turned out to be a tumour but whilst she was 'under' he gave her a full MOT and cleaned some of her teeth and removed seven of them.
Cost about £850 but was worth it. Someone asked why we didn't have insurance but the premiums would have cost about £1200 for 18 years at todays rate and that is the first thing we would have claimed for, as it does not cover spaying them which is the only other thing that she has had.
Our present vet, when I first phoned about her booster, was a bit doubtful that I was telling the truth about her age, but when he saw her vaccination sheets he realised she was an old girl. He said that people had told to him that they used to have a 15 or 16 year old dog but it had died and he had never come across one himself. Now he tells everyone about his oldest patient.

dave

Accordion

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »

She looks marvellous for her age Dave.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 04:38:27 PM »

What a lovely doggie... She looks wonderful for her age, thats a heck of an achievement for a dog . all credit to you and your family dave :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »

She now suffers with selective deafness, she only hears what she wants to.

Now where have I noticed that before.  :angel:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 04:59:35 PM »

What was that you said, OF? :sleep:
  Eric

tuftedduck

• Senior Kitizen
  • Router Luvvin Duck
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 05:13:58 PM »

Lovely story, dave.m, and how lucky for wee Gizzy to be found by Calli when she was still young enough for Calli to accept her as a pup and treat her as her own young.
Well done to Calli for the way she raised the wee one.

I have this great image of the youngun blotto after supping that beer.  :lol:

dave.m

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 06:31:24 PM »

This was Calli, a very tall dog:

And the pair of them doing a very good impression of guard dogs.

dave

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] 2