Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Covid Positive  (Read 3466 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Covid Positive
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2021, 02:44:50 PM »

I just wish the government has the power of the law to force all UK peoples to have fully vaccinated for all of us sakes. Covid-19 are nasty piece of work as the coronavirus are very clever love to kill more unvaccinated patients.

I am glad I am fully vaccinated. One of my family member sadly passed away with covid 19 unvaccinated 😥

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2021, 03:43:55 PM »

I on the other hand felt like I was dying. I spent 3 days in bed projectile vomiting and sleeping 16+ hours a day.
After 3 days of being sick and sleeping I spend another 6 days in bed recovering, sleeping 12+ hours a day.
It absolutely hammered me, I've never been so ill.
I'm still weak and struggling to get my energy back.

I'm double vaccinated, my partner hasn't been vaccinated due to her pregnancy.
God knows how bad I would have been without the vaccine.

That's what gets me.  Even if you don't end up in hospital, or you do but recover, the anti-vaxxers don't seem to understand the concept of how it can leave people disabled long term, potentially for the rest of their lives.  Recovery does not mean back to the state you were before Covid!

As someone already with Asthma and Fibromyalgia, who had to stop working by the time I was 20 because some mornings I honestly didn't have the energy to get out of bed and would have to constantly go to the toilet to splash water on my face to try to stay awake at work (which they don't take kindly to in a call centre).  They are so oblivious to just how much those long-term effects could ruin their life.

I just wish the government has the power of the law to force all UK peoples to have fully vaccinated for all of us sakes. Covid-19 are nasty piece of work as the coronavirus are very clever love to kill more unvaccinated patients.

I am glad I am fully vaccinated. One of my family member sadly passed away with covid 19 unvaccinated 😥

There's talk of them doing just that in February I believe, expect chaos to ensue.

One of my family members works on a Covid ward, its scary.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:49:36 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 05:44:49 PM »

I'm double vaccinated, my partner hasn't been vaccinated due to her pregnancy.

Unless she has been specifically advised not to by her GP due to a specific concern...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/pregnancy-breastfeeding-fertility-and-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination/

The risks to both mother and baby due to catching COVID while pregnant are higher than the risks from the vaccination.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 09:21:43 PM »

God, I had no idea. I didn’t know quite how horrible it is. I’m extremely isolated here, in every sense of the word.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 11:56:36 PM »

Unless she has been specifically advised not to by her GP due to a specific concern...

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/pregnancy-breastfeeding-fertility-and-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination/

The risks to both mother and baby due to catching COVID while pregnant are higher than the risks from the vaccination.

I also have an 11 month old. We got pregnant the 1st week of lockdown.
The vaccine was available towards the end of that pregnancy. 3 months later pregnant again.
So we've followed the advice on vaccines for pregnant women very closely.
Initially it was advised against completely. Then it was advised women in their 3rd trimester could receive the vaccine. Now it's any time during pregnancy but only specific vaccines.
By the time she was offered a vaccine she was well in to the organdy and had taken the decision to continue it as she did last last and get vaccinated after giving birth.

I'm double vaccinated and my 14 year old has had his single dose. We've followed every lockdown rigourously with my health conditions and her being pregnant, and for the sake of everyone else.

Fortunately she had next to no symptoms when we caught covid. She lost her sense of smell for a couple weeks after (yes after) we had recovered and tested negative.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 03:25:33 AM »

No need to ask how you passed the time in lockdown I guess. ;)
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »

Go Kitz, somehow I missed that - very scary. Did you feel very rough?

I got it last Nov when I was in hospital for a month.    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned somewhere that being on a covid ward was damn scary - especially back then when we had no vaccine and little idea how to fight it.   It certainly wasn't one of the most pleasant experiences to watch at least one person per day die.  You almost got a feeling who was doing to die next by the way they were breathing.  It was also weird how some of them could seem to 'come round' then go back downhill.   Don't ask me why some of them were on PAP machines and not ventilators. 
As I say, it was an utterly horrid place to be.   I was fortunate that my daughter helped get me moved to a private side ward where I spent the remainder of the 2 weeks.    I was originally admitted into hospital for something else and then caught covid from another patient. Even though I had covid, it was the other symptoms that were the maide me too ill to go home, and why I was moved to a side room.  I am not exaggerating when I say I was dying  - its why I wasn't around much for a few months - several spells actually - covering Sept 2020 to Jan 2021. 
I am still quite ill.... and only just got out after being in for another 3 weeks, which is why Roseway and Alan have been running the shop.

Incidentally although I have recovered from covid, a CT scan a couple of weeks ago and xrays a couple of weeks ago showed I had GGO on my lung - something the doctors  said is usually seen with pneumonia, but they are seeing an increasing amount of covid patients who have GGO.   I wouldn't have known if I hadnt been admitted for something else and it showed up on those x-rays.     That is something not being counted in statistics  and something the covid deniers dont recognise.... the number of covid patients being left with other conditions they didnt have before and have no idea they do now.   One of my friends has a heart condition caused by covid she got about the same time as me last year as me.  Shes someone who was never ill, got over covid lightly, then later found out its left her with heart damage.

Dont get me started on masks and people saying covid doesn't exist.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 12:59:07 PM »

I said it from the start, people who had Covid and thought it was "no big deal" are going to potentially be dying from the Flu due to the unknown long-term damage they suffered rfom Covid.  Its really really terrifying.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 02:14:36 PM »

I do honest back in 2018 I was very ill in bed for six weeks with the same very bad sore throat like a knife edge, dry coughing with nothing coming out of my chest, high temperature, shivering, vomitted, couldn't sleep at all due to ongoing coughing as I do remember I couldn't smell or taste but I am not sure if I did have covid in 2018. My dad took me to see my gp as he tested blood from my finger and put on the machine for the point. And after that I was much better until I am now back with covid positive.

I have read your story kitz very very sorry to hear your awful time at the hospital with covid.

I am very worried as my chest could be damaged in long term with covid. When I become very ill, I was prepared to do my own will paper just in case if I do died cos no ones know. It's just a, matter of time when.

I think all people's think covid is all rubbish and lying and refused to do any vaccines will be very sorry for themselves sooner or later end up in hospital on the dying bed

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2021, 02:36:51 PM »

I don’t think we had covid in 2018.

Unfortunately at the moment there are many bronchitis type viruses that can be confused, and some are very aggressive. However the vaccine is the best hope for avoiding hospitalisation for confirmed cases. Like many I’ve had it, before vaccination and it wasn’t fun.

I believe we are going to have to understand we will get this probably annually, which won’t be a serious problem as long as it’s manageable. Hopefully the drugs will help this going forward. We still don’t have flu drugs, so the science has been incredible getting us to this point. 
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2021, 11:56:09 PM »

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2021-11-19/austria-reimposes-full-lockdown-makes-vaccination-compulsory

Austria will become the first country in western Europe to reimpose a full coronavirus lockdown this autumn to tackle a new wave of infections, and will require its whole population to get vaccinated as of February, the government said on Friday.

Question is, will the United Kingdom get to this point?

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2021, 05:43:06 AM »

I think Scotland is a different thing in this regard, but I’m not sure. Can anyone advise?

For example: my wife tells me that everyone has to wear masks in shops in Scotland.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:03:21 AM by Weaver »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2021, 05:53:25 AM »

Just done my flow test showed one red line on C but no red line on T does this mean I am now negative as my self isolation end on monday

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2021, 08:24:15 AM »

Just done my flow test showed one red line on C but no red line on T does this mean I am now negative as my self isolation end on monday

The general guidance is that there is no need to perform Lateral Flow tests again until 90 days after infection unless new symptoms develop.
This link is a Govenrment care home document but is the best I could find right now - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-in-adult-care-homes/covid-19-testing-schedule-for-a-suspected-or-confirmed-outbreak-in-a-care-home#the-90-day-window-after-a-positive-test

"The 90-day window after a positive test
If someone has tested positive with a PCR test, they should not be tested using either PCR or rapid lateral flow tests for 90 days, unless they develop new symptoms during this time – in which case they should be retested immediately using PCR.
This 90-day period is from the initial onset of symptoms or, if asymptomatic when tested, their positive test result."
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2021, 11:37:05 AM »

I think Scotland is a different thing in this regard, but I’m not sure. Can anyone advise?

For example: my wife tells me that everyone has to wear masks in shops in Scotland.

Yes. See my post above...

I drove to Leicester on Saturday to buy a car and I must say I was amazed how little people are wearing masks in shops south of the border.

It's still mandatory to wear masks in shops in Scotland and it's almost universally followed.
I certainly wear mine. I have no intentions of catching it again.

We also have Covid passports to enter events like large football games or music gigs (anything over x number of people).
I think this is being extended to all hospitality on 6th December so will include pubs and restaurants etc.

I use a fantastic independent website to follow the stats and trends of each of the UK countries rather than watching the UK figures on the news.
Seems pointless lumping them all in to a UK figures as we all have different rules.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

anything