Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Covid Positive  (Read 3473 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Covid Positive
« on: November 13, 2021, 02:39:05 AM »

I been unwell in bed feel awful as I was tested covid positive  :no: :no:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 06:16:16 PM by adslmax »

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Covid Positive
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »

Look after yourself and hope you get well soon Max.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 10:24:41 AM »

All the best, do hope you feel better soon! Plenty of hot drinks, plenty of water and painkillers.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 06:18:51 PM »

Thank god I am fully vaccinated because without it I would be dead by now. I deleted photo because of covid test barcode ID is private as anyone could fake using mine

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 10:38:34 PM »

Take care of yourself - plenty of fluids & rest and no stressing about line stats.

I can sympathise, I got it last year before vaccines were available. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 08:52:40 PM »

Go Kitz, somehow I missed that - very scary. Did you feel very rough?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 02:30:24 AM »

Had Pfizer booster on Friday, that alone made me feel like a truck ran over me and my heart rate was 120bpm yesterday.  So I REALLY don't fancy the actual virus that causes the same side effects (and more) but potentially for months on end.

I already have a lot of the long Covid symptoms anyway due to fibromyalgia, the vaccine just seems to magnify them.

Fingers crossed you just have mild symptoms.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 02:58:19 AM »

I felt rough after I had the Pfizer second vaccination, the most recent one. I had no problem with the first vaccinations last spring - they were (is it) AstraZeneca, but I don’t know whether or not the manufacturer was significant in my case; it could just have been that I was a bit more i’ll than usual when I had my recent injections and wasn’t in a good state to handle it. I had several bad nights afterwards that weekend, general discomfort, waking up in the night with pain and not being able to get back to sleep again. But then that’s the usual story for me anyway, so this was just a magnification of my usual symptoms I think it’s fair to say.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 03:01:14 AM »

Still in bed not very well at all. My taste and smell has gone! Very fragile at the moment. Sometimes temp up and down 35-41c been vomitted lots, coughing very bad indeed with painful back throat like a sharper knife edge. Test are positive from PCR lab.

Worry sign are my parents are tested positive as well especially my dad with bronchial pneumonia, type 1 diabetic and underlying health issues. I am scare very upsets and cry in bed as I don't want to see my dad end up in hospital as I knew he wouldn't survive it cos I love my dad so much. I don't know what to do. I feel numb and empty with saddest moment in my life.

I am very angry with the government should bring back local lockdown.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 03:13:21 AM »

Its certainly not helpful the government have been flip-flopping on their messaging.

They gave the impression that things were back to normal and unfortunately a lot of people are too keen to believe it.

My mums ex recently said due to bus driver shortages locally they have been crammed, and he is frequently the only person wearing a mask.  This is why I haven't left the house since July last year and am afraid to even visit him.  They shouldn't have eased the restrictions until a LOT more people were vaccinated.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 06:24:53 AM »

Are/were people getting onto buses without wearing masks down in England? Shouldn’t be allowed to board.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 09:16:03 AM »

Are/were people getting onto buses without wearing masks down in England? Shouldn’t be allowed to board.

To some extent they always were, as anyone can say they are exempt and drivers aren't allowed to enforce it.  But when the restrictions rolled back, masks became optional across the board.  I believe only Hospitals/GPs enforce them, and even there mum had her diabetic eye screening and she said they were failing to enforce social distancing which stopped her from eating as she felt people were way too close to her wheelchair.

Its a good job her diabetes isn't worse or she could have been seriously ill.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 09:58:48 AM »

Most of England has been avoiding masks and sanitising hands.
Too many times I have found a hand sanitiser station empty

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »

But when the restrictions rolled back, masks became optional across the board.  I believe only Hospitals/GPs enforce them,

Apparently being the Prime Minister is a valid exemption.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-mask-hospital-visit-b1956696.html
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »

I drove to Leicester on Saturday to buy a car and I must say I was amazed how little people are wearing masks in shops south of the border.

It's still mandatory to wear masks in shops in Scotland and it's almost universally followed.
I certainly wear mine. I have no intentions of catching it again.

Myself, my pregnant partner and my 9 month old caught covid at the start of September.
My partner had zero symptoms. My 9 month old baby was very very restless, particularly at night.

I on the other hand felt like I was dying. I spent 3 days in bed projectile vomiting and sleeping 16+ hours a day.
After 3 days of being sick and sleeping I spend another 6 days in bed recovering, sleeping 12+ hours a day.
It absolutely hammered me, I've never been so ill.
I'm still weak and struggling to get my energy back.

I'm double vaccinated, my partner hasn't been vaccinated due to her pregnancy.
God knows how bad I would have been without the vaccine.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

anything