Chat > Tech Chat

Is it wrong? I thought DEFCON1 was when Weaver calls up AAISP!

(1/2) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEC4bY1o-W8

Weaver:
 ;D ;D

I talk to them every couple of months or so about problems since the lightning strike of early 2020. I had four lines, now three, so that means four times as many calls as the usual end user. And I often have questions about things I don’t understand. So they know me really well and are extra friendly given that we’ve been with them eleven years now. And I sent them some really good uisge beatha. They know my wife Janet too, and her business, "Skye Shepherd Huts". I don’t ever gee them up, as I know they have to struggle with BTW + OR. I sometimes have FB2900 questions too.

So hopefully, it’s not DEFCON x when I contact them.

Alex Atkin UK:
I should have linked to his blog post too: https://www.revk.uk/2021/10/defcon.html

--- Quote ---I get a DEFCON depending on who is in the house. DEFCON 1 for presence of the those who shall not be named (anti-vax).
--- End quote ---

Yeah, anti-vaxxers wouldn't get my WiFi password as they wont be coming anywhere near this house.

Ixel:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on November 01, 2021, 01:55:50 AM ---...

--- End quote ---

:D

--- Quote from: Weaver on November 01, 2021, 02:15:18 AM --- ;D ;D

I talk to them every couple of months or so about problems since the lightning strike of early 2020. I had four lines, now three, so that means four times as many calls as the usual end user. And I often have questions about things I don’t understand. So they know me really well and are extra friendly given that we’ve been with them eleven years now. And I sent them some really good uisge beatha. They know my wife Janet too, and her business, "Skye Shepherd Huts". I don’t ever gee them up, as I know they have to struggle with BTW + OR. I sometimes have FB2900 questions too.

So hopefully, it’s not DEFCON x when I contact them.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the staff at AAISP have always been helpful when I've contacted them. I needed some assistance with my FB2900 a while back and one of them on IRC spent a while sorting something out that I was trying to do but couldn't figure out how to do.

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on November 01, 2021, 03:45:26 AM ---I should have linked to his blog post too: https://www.revk.uk/2021/10/defcon.html

Yeah, anti-vaxxers wouldn't get my WiFi password as they wont be coming anywhere near this house.

--- End quote ---

That feels like a somewhat hostile name to use ::). However, the same argument can also be said about those who don't have flu jab though. At the end of a day it's a choice and everyone has their own reasons for choosing to have any of these jabs or not to. I don't have the flu jab but that doesn't necessarily make me an 'anti-vaxxer' :D.

The usage of such a word, 'anti-vaxxer', probably doesn't belong here though. I see it used a lot on social media and it tends to create and has created quite a divide.

Black Sheep:
Give oo'er - pro-vaxxer, anti-vaxxer - it does what is says on the tin.  ;) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version