Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Plusnet aggressive push to tie me into a new contract  (Read 1838 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Plusnet aggressive push to tie me into a new contract
« on: October 31, 2021, 04:57:28 AM »

Your broadband (Unlimited Fibre Extra) and line rental contract is coming to an end on 1st December 2021.

When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £26.99 to £43.50. Price changes apply.

Here is your best price (in line with Ofcom guidance)
Unlimited Fibre Extra broadband and line rental for £24.00 a month. 18 month contract. Price changes apply.

Honestly if they had held the price I might have waited until FTTP comes around to cancel.  But with an increase like that and the fact FTTP should be available within the next 18 months, it just confirmed my original plan to cancel the Plusnet line.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
Re: Plusnet aggressive push to tie me into a new contract
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 07:41:24 AM »

I don't see anything aggressive about it, you know very well that you lose any discounts at the end of the contract term. The only way to continue at a good price is to re-contract. The same thing applies to virtually every broadband provider. £24 for fibre extra and line rental is a pretty good deal. You never know but Plusnet may have FTTP available in the next 18 months. (It's supposed to be sometime this year  :))

Sounds like you just don't want to stay with Plusnet and this out of contract price increase has confirmed your decision, but saying it is aggressive is a bit harsh.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:50:19 PM »

They're offering you a new contract at a lower price than your old one so I don't see the issue. ISPs don't want you on a rolling monthly contract so do their best to discourage it.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »

I forgot for a moment how expensive line rental is which is most of the price hike - its effectively free on contract.

Its just frustrating they give you ONE package offer and that's it, though to be fair its a MUCH better offer than on the offers page which is Unlimited Fibre for £26 for 18 months.

Its the lack of options for shorter contract periods that is frustrating but I guess I am in a rare situation that FTTP should be available in the next year and I have zero plans to use Plusnet for that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 04:46:06 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors