Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: my modem stats for Draytek v130  (Read 3739 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
my modem stats for Draytek v130
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:31:09 AM »

So just in case its of any interest, I have been plugging away with trying to get my real time v130 stats working since swapping over to the v130 which has massively improved my line compared to the vmg3925 I use to use in modem mode. My eci line has always been troublesome but having used the the v130 for around 6 months now I have lifted my DS sync by about 6mb using the SNR offset, which DLM has completely ignored (I have been running 4db on the DS for months) and latency is faster. The main issue with the vmg3925 (tried various different ones) was the DS snr would fall away to a minus figure after about 2 weeks resulting in a drop of DS sync. I don't think FTTP will be in our our area any time soon as it never seems to be mentioned so I really wanted to get this working as have been missing my line stats

Anyway the V130 has been great and I have now got my stats/graphs working real-time and uploading to the web. I am only uploading the data that interests me rather than every modem detail. You can have a look here if you wish https://www.team-rebellion.net/Ned/index.htm

I use Munin to gather the stats and have had it working using the following methods:

Pi3
Ubuntu server
Apache
Munin (plugins kindly given to me by a friend)

This method has worked well and Munin produces an internal web page so you can look at all the available stats real time but as I wanted to upload the data from Munin to the web I had to modify my build/method

My current machine consists of:

Win10
Hyper V - ubuntu desktop with apache, Munin
winftp using a couple of scripts to gather the output files from Munin and upload it to the web

If any v130 users out there want any details then feel free to pm. The upload to the web isn't required unless you want to as you can view the graphs locally. I was surprised how easy it runs on the pi3 method. I can access the modem via my opnsense setup directly using a couple of settings via the wan port.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:35:08 AM by skyeci »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: my modem stats for Draytek v130
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 05:14:08 PM »

Congratulations on your success. I've had a quick look at the data and see that you have plenty of information to study.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Jon21

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 03:43:58 PM »

Have sent you a PM in regards to this, would be interested to try it  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 02:07:08 AM »

Well done \o/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 08:53:08 AM »

If I remember correctly the Draytek 130 only has one Ethernet LAN interface.  So is any special configuration of the modem needed to be able to get to it's admin features over the same interface as you're using for PPPoE?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 05:27:36 PM »

nice :)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 05:22:27 AM »

If I remember correctly the Draytek 130 only has one Ethernet LAN interface.  So is any special configuration of the modem needed to be able to get to it's admin features over the same interface as you're using for PPPoE?

Hi. No special modem config. I use opnsense for my router which allows me to access the modem over the wan port by adding another interface but using the same port that is used for the wan. Easy to setup and works a treat.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 01:57:30 PM »

For some reason I cant use the bridge to access modem stats now, whenever I set it up, it works temporarily then drops connectivity.  I am suspecting moving to pppoe from ipoe broke it, but not sure, as I think I originally set it up under plusnet pppoe.  So my stats are been collected over a 2nd lan cable.

anything