Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

"Build Programme Currently Complete" but no FTTP options available

(1/2) > >>

Geekofbroadband:
Hi, so my friend who just lives 5 minutes away from me can get FTTC but cannot order FTTP even though our area is "complete". I can order FTTP but he cannot. Just a quick question, is it normal for every house not to be served and if so what are the reasons OpenReach would skip some houses? Thanks

Checked using https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/where-when-building-ultrafast-full-fibre-broadband

Alex Atkin UK:
Is it overhead cabling or underground?

Overhead you can look to see if it has the optical feed on their pole.  Its also possible if its a recent installation, not every feed will be commissioned yet.

Geekofbroadband:
I have an overhead line and can see the optical boxes at the top, he has underground cabling.

Alex Atkin UK:
Its certainly possible there was a problem that meant they didn't cover them.  I'd contact the Openreach CEO Clive Selley and have them look into it.

j0hn:
Yes.
They never do every property. Literally never.

Apartments/flats (MDU's) are almost always skipped, initially at least.
Anywhere that needs a wayleave that hasn't been signed or that is over budget to install to is also likely to be skipped.

Eventually OpenReach may need to return to do some of these properties but until then they crack on with the rest to do/cheaper to deploy stuff.

Does the OpenReach fttp checker give any indication if they are part of a rollout?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version