Broadband Related > Voice over IP (VoIP)

VoIP Service Providers

<< < (2/3) > >>

kitz:
>>  Wondering if BT new FTTP customers who wish to retain telephone service would now complete the BB/VOIP phone migration in one operation?

There seems to be so many questions about VoIP and very little information what to do unless you are with BT and allow them to sort your question when the time comes.

tiffy:
>> There seems to be so many questions about VoIP and very little information what to do unless you are with BT and allow them to sort your question when the time comes.

I'am currently holding off with FTTP, will probably wait until the end of my current Zen contract in December when BT will probably be the main contender depending on any "new customer" deals available at the time.

The local installation is somewhat off putting, although the recently installed fibre dist. point is in the footway chamber directly outside my front garden wall, my POTS DP is in an adjacent footway chamber with the cable non-ducted (DIG).
However, local fibre installation will have to be accomplished at some point sooner or later!

DaveC:
I would heartily recommend AQL's VOIP services - I've been using them for about 10 years without any issues.

They're probably not the cheapest (they charge £2.40/month for the number, and have no "unlimited" packages - you pay per call), so may not be economical if you make a large volume of calls (we make virtually zero calls nowadays), but their quality and reliability is perfect.

Weaver:
As I mentioned, it might be worth talking to Andrews and Arnold about their VoIP services. They’re usually pretty cheap. They have a relationship with AQL, reselling some of AQL’s services.

francisuk1989:
Called up Zen today to change my line to a SoGEA from Openreach with a VoIP service however ...

Zen wont give you any VoIP information, like username/passwords etc It has to be done via the FRITZBox at there T&C.

So now moving onto SoGEA without VoIP.

Any recommendations for VoIP with Mobile minutes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version