Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: iNomad - Stay Connected via 5G, Anywhere You Go  (Read 2290 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
iNomad - Stay Connected via 5G, Anywhere You Go
« on: October 24, 2021, 03:48:46 AM »

Wow, look at this one! Might have this one pre-order myself. But I think it still crazy expensive!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/inomad-stay-connected-via-5g-anywhere-you-go#/

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: iNomad - Stay Connected via 5G, Anywhere You Go
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 04:05:44 AM »

I wouldn't order anything from crowd funding that is similar to existing retail products, seems a con.

This in particular sounds like something that if it doesn't exist already, will do long before they release (if they ever do) their product.

Crowd funding should be for products that literally are not economically viable to develop any other way.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 04:26:16 AM »

Thanks but well said Alex Atkin. I agree  :thumbs:

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »

Looks nice on paper but as I can barely get voice connectivity on mobile in the house I think I'll pass.
 :lol:
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »

And that’s available for normal purchase !
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 03:04:02 PM »

The inomad is one of these;
https://www.box.co.uk/DWR-2101-D-Link-DWR-2101-5G-LTE-WiFi-6-Mobile-Hot_3201678.html

There's so many examples of crowd funding doing this, its really sad.

Facebook is covered with ads for this sort of thing too.  One example I complained about was an electric screwdriver where literally the only difference it had to existing products on the market was they changed the microUSB port to USB-C.  The response from the people doing it was "its out first product so we wanted to start out small".

I guess there is nothing to stop these "companies" creating clones like this, they likely buy from the existing manufacturer and just make minor tweaks.  But it still seems scum-bag move to me, especially as they can cut and run with the money if they feel like it as there are no guarantees on crowd funding.

I backed a handheld printer that can print on your hand, sounded a fun thing for a convention I was attending.  They never delivered but an identical product turned up on Aliexpress.  Made me very wary of crowd funding.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors