Broadband Related > Mobile broadband

Poor speeds with Vodafone

<< < (2/4) > >>

g3uiss:
4g is extremely variable and there are no guarantees.

meritez:

--- Quote from: Jon21 on October 21, 2021, 07:26:47 PM ---This supposedly resulted in the cells on the mast having there positions tweaked.

--- End quote ---

:shrug2:

What mobile phone are you using and where's your nearest mast?

Jon21:
Interestingly, just seen that a 5G mast is in planning, that would be around 200 meters away. CK Hutchinson, which I think is Three? I've got a freebie PAYG 3 SIM which I think has 200MB of data on it, that I've tried in my phone. Get a reasonable 4G signal but doesn't appear to allow any data throughput. Do they have to be activated? Info online seems to suggest that they are pre-activated?

Might be an option if I can exit the contract.

Jon21:

--- Quote from: meritez on October 21, 2021, 11:31:26 PM --- :shrug2:

What mobile phone are you using and where's your nearest mast?

--- End quote ---

iPhone 12

I think this is the nearest mast: https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=234&MNC=15&type=LTE&latitude=52.764241909438624&longitude=-2.377702108221748&zoom=15.13205575867227&showTowers=true&showTowerLabels=true&clusterEnabled=true&tilesEnabled=true&showOrphans=false&showNoFrequencyOnly=false&showFrequencyOnly=false&showBandwidthOnly=false&DateFilterType=Last&showHex=false&showVerifiedOnly=false&showUnverifiedOnly=false&showLTECAOnly=false&showENDCOnly=false&showBand=0&showSectorColours=true&mapType=roadmap (6868)

Weaver:
I would have thought that possibly you’re actually using 3G somehow, but I don’t know how that could happen. Is there a way you can monitor that? I have good 4G but in my stone house I get shadows when say my iPad is well away from the windows, so it switches down to 3G sometimes, for some reason (shown in an indicator at the top right). That’s using AA/AQL/Three.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version