Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Unlimited Calls, Texts & 5G Data £12.50 a month for 3 Months Then £25 - Lebara  (Read 2708 times)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

Lebara have recently signed a contract with Vodafone and now offer 5G data to all their users on all plans , assuming their is 5G available in your area and you have a 5G capable device.

They offer unlimited data, calls and text SIM, which is usually £25 a month, however if you use code "Lebara21" they will offer you the first three months for £12.50 a month. There is no contract, you simply pay upfront every month for the bundle you require and if you choose to cancel, simply turn off "auto-renew" on the website and your card will not be billed going forward.

https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/best-sim-only-deals/c/simo-contract

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors

I'd love to see Vodafone roll out 5G here, the tower is practically next door and considering how well Three performs and that tower is REALLY obstructed from my position.

I get the feeling though FTTP will be available before Vodafone pull their finger out, at which point I'd keep Three as the cheapest option as a backup.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

Not having a good time with Lebara.

Tried to add a payment method, first time with PayPal it failed to reflect in the control panel so I did it a second time, still failed so I tried my credit card, at which point it said PayPal was confirmed.  ::)  So I had to turn it off and on again for it to show Visa.

I signed up under half price for six months during black Friday deals and when I confirmed my payment details, its showing normal price.

Then I tried to do age verification and it failed four times, finally passed when I used my phone then gave an error when it tried to report back to Lebara, so never unlocked the restrictions.  Just tried again and the page wont load.

Guess we know why they can offer so cheap, they have no humans working there.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 10:43:21 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

How's it performing?

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

I've had no issues whatsoever since switching to Lebara. I used my credit card during the sign-up in October and the second & third payments have been taken from it without me having to do anything. I signed up for a MoneySavingExpert deal (3GB of 5G, unlimited calls and texts for £4.90, half price for 6 months). The only oddity is that it shows the £4.90 but as I'm in the first 6 months they only take £2.45 (the currently available deal is only half price for 3 months).

I can't tell the difference in the performance - I was on Vodaphone previously.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

Yeah its weird, the auto-renew option was off which was puzzling.  I think maybe as I didn't use the SIM card (I literally didn't activate it) for a couple of weeks its reset the account, which seems kinda shifty considering I'd already made the first payment.

Will have to see what happens.

As for performance, its identical to Voxi, as you'd expect - they both just use the Vodafone network and APN.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

TIP: It's not in the emails they send you - you need to dial 121 to activate the voicemail service.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Yeah its weird, the auto-renew option was off which was puzzling.  I think maybe as I didn't use the SIM card (I literally didn't activate it) for a couple of weeks its reset the account, which seems kinda shifty considering I'd already made the first payment.

I've just activated my daughters SIM this morning which we've been sitting on for a couple of weeks until she used up all the credit on her old Tesco Mobile. Number port due to happen tomorrow.

Her auto-renew was still on.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

I've just activated my daughters SIM this morning which we've been sitting on for a couple of weeks until she used up all the credit on her old Tesco Mobile. Number port due to happen tomorrow.

Her auto-renew was still on.

Very odd, guess I need to find out how to contact them.  I tried replying to one of their e-mails, it didn't bounce but I got no reply either.

I wonder if the offer had expired before the website updated to say so? Doesn't explain why my payment method wasn't saved from signup though.

I signed up on 13th November, activated the SIM on 1st December.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:28:42 AM by Alex Atkin UK »