Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

bad line? SNR 3.1

(1/3) > >>

nick9one1:
I recently moved and had some initial issues with the ADSL VDSL2 [moderator edit] connection, this was initially solved by a friendly Openreach engineer.

At first we had no broadband after being connected. He did something at the cabinet which gave us a connection but a very poor line. He did some further tests, back to the cab swapped up around again and got it stable.
He said the line didn't seem to be very good and he would be back to do some further troubleshooting but didn't need to come back in the house. Later that day I got an sms to tell me the issue was resolved.

But I still dont think the line is great.. I never get more than 20Mbps on a speed test despite my router suggesting we are connected at 52/8 (I know this isn't a true representation).

I'm not that clued up on all the DSL stats, but a Signal-to-Noise Ratio of 3.1 dB seems bad?

jelv:
How are you running the speed test - wired or wireless?

SNR of 3.1 is bang on normal and your sync speed IS 52/8 so it's looking more likely you have an issue with your connection to the router.

The other possibility is congestion but that would give you very variable speeds, at quite periods approaching your sync speed.

Could you run this speed tests and share using the "BBCode (for forums; not supported on thinkbroadband forums)" code from the results page please.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

nick9one1:
great, thanks for the fast reply!
Its a wired connection. I'll do some more testing..

I may be looking at some out of date guides but they seem to suggest lower is worse?

meritez:
Are you using the Vodafone provided router?

g3uiss:

--- Quote from: nick9one1 on October 19, 2021, 12:45:45 PM ---great, thanks for the fast reply!
Its a wired connection. I'll do some more testing..

I may be looking at some out of date guides but they seem to suggest lower is worse?

--- End quote ---

That’s not correct. 3db will give a faster connection. The DSL circuit seems from the stats you provided to be running at its max. There is something wrong with the thruput maybe ISP related

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version