Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Smarty unlimited data calls and texts plan back to £17 a month for 12 months  (Read 3201 times)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:41:18 PM by meritez »

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors

Wait, is that from 4G?  I've never gotten that fast on 4G from Three.

Just be aware that if you're happy with a credit check and a 12 month contract, you may be able to find offers from Three directly at the same price which includes 5G.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

It's not a 12 month contract, no credit check and the discount applies for 12 months.

30 days PAYG offer, cancel whenever you want to.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

It's not a 12 month contract, no credit check and the discount applies for 12 months.

30 days PAYG offer, cancel whenever you want to.

Exactly my point. If you're happy with a 12 month contract and credit check, Three might be better as they include 5G.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

But 5G works on Smarty, why would I want a 12 months contract?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

Which is why I asked if that was 4G as the Smarty website does not mention 5G.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen

Interesting they mention VoLTE as I was disappointed the voice port on my router doesn't work on Three which supposedly it should if VoLTE is supported.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

5G proof, this is on internal antennas:

aesmith

• Kitizen

I went to Three on a 12 month contract in order to get a real IP address instead of CGNAT.  Starting early this year Smarty's CGNAT started changing IP addresses on a second by second basis and quite a lot of web sites didn't like that.

I held off from a contract for a while as our address officially doesn't have 4G coverage from Three, so if it stops working I don't really have any comeback.  However I've been on 4G now for over two years so a 12 month contract was worth the risk.  It's a price saving as well.

anything