Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

FTTP - Speed Testing

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: dee.jay on October 11, 2021, 12:02:38 PM ---What happens if you follow the "if you are testing 500/1000mbps product, click here" ?

--- End quote ---

Some guidance appears... hehe

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: Weaver on October 11, 2021, 09:14:39 AM ---You could try speedtest.aa.net.uk, it’s not so heavily used, I would assume, but probably better to pick an odd time, as previous posters said. You really need a speed-tester that is in your own ISP’s network, ideally, so that you won’t have to cross the wider internet of course.

--- End quote ---

Thanks - will give it a try....I find that BT Wholesale tester bad during the day, but evenings and weekends are better for obvious reasons.

I did look at  thinkbroadbands tool - but was crap for me... I think photoshop would be needed to get any decent speed recorded  ???

Bestgear:
Great tips here - clearly from experience! Thanks for these.

Has anyone used - and do they rate - the speed tester that is presented within the BT portal?

As I am not using a HomehUb - I cannot use it - and according to the BT support staff they cannot see line speeds without a Homehub either... which I am somewhat sceptical about.

At least with FTTP there is no DLM to worry about messing your speeds up...

D

Bestgear:

--- Quote from: Weaver on October 11, 2021, 09:14:39 AM ---You could try speedtest.aa.net.uk, it’s not so heavily used, I would assume, but probably better to pick an odd time, as previous posters said. You really need a speed-tester that is in your own ISP’s network, ideally, so that you won’t have to cross the wider internet of course.

--- End quote ---

Need to try it when the kids (across the UK) go to sleep....

burakkucat:
Perhaps try fast.com ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version