Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [How-to] Simplest way to bypass TPM/Unsupported CPU check  (Read 7883 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: [How-to] Simplest way to bypass TPM/Unsupported CPU check
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 07:19:15 PM »

Have you seen this https://youtu.be/6zkAxYOe_IM

Seem not much the difference between windows 10 and 11 in benchmark

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »

On a unsupported system, but not on a supported one
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 07:42:34 PM »

If i heard right (at 0:30) it says using unsupported CPU's will give you security issues is that right?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 11:05:04 PM »

Absolutely correct. Its all about security. Bypass this and you leave yourself wide open
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »

Seem not much the difference between windows 10 and 11 in benchmark

Benchmarks wont necessarily show everything.  For example gaming performance doesn't seem any different, but input latency of my controller kinda feels lower, more responsive.  Maybe placebo effect but its what I noticed.

Also a lot of the 11 improvements is for "future" games that use things like DirectStorage, where its supposed to be much more optimised on 11 than 10.  Though its likely a few years or more before that is even used.

Plus the settings menu is laid out much more cleanly and easy to understand than 10 was.  Though admittedly I don't like the changed to explorer, particularly changing copy/paste to little icons instead of text, will take some getting used to as while I'd normally use keyboard shortcuts anyway, my gaming PC uses a tiny keyboard (as I only need it to login really) so using the UI is easier.

[Moderator edited to remove the YouTube video link from the quoted text.]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:51:04 AM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

maxheadroom

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2021, 01:11:55 PM »

Absolutely correct. Its all about security. Bypass this and you leave yourself wide open

Thanks, i will carry on using Windows 10 it does everything i need so no big deal i cannot use 11.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2021, 06:18:12 PM »

Youtube vids of gaming performance under Windows 11 have shown performance drops across most the board
and the reason its free to upgrade, cos it's still TECHNICALLY a BETA release...until they start charging for it - when they think they ironed out most of the bugs, hence i would wait at least 18 months after release before updating, get a window 11 theme pack if your that bothered
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2021, 10:52:46 AM »

I can understand why people do this, and want to experience Win11. But I don't agree with it.

The more people move to Win11 the more Microsoft think they are right to have abandoned millions of computers, that aren't that old.

I'm sure they are counting unsupported PC's in their Win11 usage percentage.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2021, 02:52:05 AM »

You have to abandon older tech eventually especially when you are struggling with OS bugs.  Focusing on newer instruction sets only could help there.

I do agree that ditching Zen 1 CPUs is a step too far though, they are so new.  I do wonder what their rationale there is.

On the flip side though, its hard not to think Microsoft are just refusing to throw enough money at maintaining their OS.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2022, 12:19:19 PM »

I can understand why people do this, and want to experience Win11. But I don't agree with it.

The more people move to Win11 the more Microsoft think they are right to have abandoned millions of computers, that aren't that old.

I'm sure they are counting unsupported PC's in their Win11 usage percentage.

More than likely, I'm legitimately running Windows 11 Pro 21H2 on a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU with 4GB RAM.

Was an interesting direct upgrade from 8.1 Pro

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2022, 12:20:57 PM »

I haven't use Windows 11 since 4 months ago. I quit it. I am happy with Linux Mint 20.3 love it.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »

I haven't use Windows 11 since 4 months ago. I quit it. I am happy with Linux Mint 20.3 love it.

Sadly I need Windows for work

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2022, 10:18:14 AM »

Yeah Linux is great and it has its place.

My NAS runs on it (Ubuntu), and my docker host machine is Debian. But, main desktop is Windows, purely for gaming. WSLv2 suits my needs for a needing a Linux environment though.
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2022, 10:50:14 PM »

I can't imagine using Windows on a daily basis, its slows me down so much compared to what I'm used to in KDE Plasma.

That's half down to KDE Plasma though, I don't like other DEs either, the other half being bash scripting.  Although a lot of what I do could also be done remotely on the NAS so no need to mess around with WSL, my gaming box is strictly for gaming, and my AI upscaling box strictly for upscaling.  (well, except both do Folding@Home in their spare time)

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2022, 08:55:35 AM »

Sadly I need Windows for work
I was in the same boat, I use a separate computer at home when I am working in order to  to keep my work stuff separate and the company insists using the Company Portal to install MS Office applications and the software they install gives them access rights to everything. Last year they instituted a new standard requiring TPM 2 and my computer stopped working / logging in. It is an Intel i5-4690K with no support for TPM 2 - I was able to use a hack (I think it was this one) which worked successfully in passing the TPM check.

The PC is still running Windows 10 and reports it is unsuitable for Windows 11, when they finally upgrade to Windows 11 I think I am screwed - its so annoying, this machine works great and is way more powerful and effective than the crappy laptop they give me.

My son's gaming computer is now running Windows 11, we haven't seen a noticeable difference to Windows 10 ..... either positive or negative !
Pages: 1 [2] 3