Computer Software > Windows 11

[How-to] Simplest way to bypass TPM/Unsupported CPU check

<< < (2/8) > >>

Alex Atkin UK:

--- Quote from: tubaman on October 06, 2021, 08:36:14 AM ---I'd like to try Win11 but as none of the hardware I own is supported it'll have to wait as I won't risk an install that could break at any time. I understand that Microsoft can't go on supporting old hardware for ever, but I am a little suspicious of the claimed CPU limitations as the currently published lists suggest that some of my hardware isn't even fit for Win7 and that is clearly wrong as one PC came with Win8 and the other Win7 from new!
 :)

--- End quote ---

I think they have realised how they can't refine the code any more without making a hard cut-off, playing it safe and they've even said they might ease back the restrictions a little as they test more CPUs.

I think if they outright said "we need CPUs with x,y,z instructions" people might be a LOT more understanding, but then I'm guessing that would be a wider selection of CPUs than they currently support so they're keeping quiet.  Its certainly puzzling how any Ryzen CPUs ended up in the excluded list.

I also think the bigger issue is saying Win10 will only run to 2025, if you're dropping CPUs released a few years ago, that just seems too soon.  My laptop bought the end of 2018 is not supported, though I'm planning to replace that one with a Macbook Pro M1X (lucky me) so will just switch it to Linux at that point.

So don't get me wrong, I understand peoples anger, a friend of mine in Texas only recently grudgingly moved to Win10, now to find he's abandoned in 2025.  But I can also see how Windows might need this transition.

mofa2020:

--- Quote from: Alex Atkin UK on October 06, 2021, 05:40:15 PM ---Its certainly puzzling how any Ryzen CPUs ended up in the excluded list.

--- End quote ---

My Ryzen 2600 was not supported earlier before the official release but now I am running windows 11 and everything went smoothly.

adslmax:
I am now running Windows 11 Pro on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with both secure boot and TPM 2.0 enabled (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro) all went smoothly as every personal files, settings and programs remain there. So far like it, but I wish Start pinned apps show more on it. (get rid of Recommended & top search bar as well) I disabled Microsoft Meet (start up) so far no bugs!

tubaman:

--- Quote from: adslmax on October 07, 2021, 01:29:28 PM ---I am now running Windows 11 Pro on my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with both secure boot and TPM 2.0 enabled (upgraded from Windows 10 Pro) ...

--- End quote ---

Isn't that the one you said you were running Linux Mint on in reply #92 of this thread - https://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,26100.92.html
"One pc AMD Ryzen 7 3700x does ticked all green OK for Windows 11 including secure boot and TPM enabled but I wouldn't bother with W11 because I like Linux Mint on it...."
 ???

adslmax:
Still on Linux Mint on other NVMe as I got two NVMe slots one for Windows 11 Pro and other one for Linux Mint 20.2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version