Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Cityfibre - which ISPs?  (Read 9426 times)

jaydub

• Reg Member
Re: Cityfibre - which ISPs?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2023, 02:11:25 PM »

looking at ispreview it looks like their once good customer service has taken a nose dive and is now quite poor.
IDnet are not an option on the cityfibre network for me

Vodafone
TalkTalk
Giganet
Zen
Brawband
Brillband

the first 2 i wouldn't touch with a barge pole.
i know nothing about giganet.
and brawband and brillband seem to be those ISPs that pop up with zero history and most likely just re-selling someone elses product.

If Giganet can't deliver over their own network or CityFibre they use ZenW over Open Reach.  Seem to be a reasonably well regarded ISP as far as I can tell.  I didn't go with them because I didn't want to get tied into a long contract over ZenW.  I am paying IDNet £4 more for an 80/20 connection than Giganet would provide a 150/30 connection.  I am not tied into IDNet though, which I felt justified the additional cost.

However none of that is pertinent if you have CityFibre available to you.  There is a 3 month free offer to tempt you as well.

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2023, 03:42:15 PM »

However none of that is pertinent if you have CityFibre available to you.  There is a 3 month free offer to tempt you as well.

as the thread is about Cityfibre, then obviously it is available to me.
cityfibre laid their fibre, and the ISPs i listed above are the ones that show as being available to me via cityfibre.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2023, 07:10:21 PM »

none of those 3 appear to be offering symmetrical speeds sadly (or if they do they don't advertise the fact).

Zen cannot advertise symmetrical due to following OFCOM advertising rules, but it IS symmetrical.

I believe all Cityfibre packages are always symmetrical regardless of ISP.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2023, 08:16:20 PM »

as the thread is about Cityfibre, then obviously it is available to me.
cityfibre laid their fibre, and the ISPs i listed above are the ones that show as being available to me via cityfibre.

Apologies.  Just jumped on the thread when I only had a few moments to spare and was trying to help, but hadn't read the thread properly.  My bad!

Still reckon Giganet may be the pick of the lot, but know nothing about Brawband or Brillband.

marcelsinger69

• Just arrived
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2023, 03:50:38 PM »

well the network now appears to be live

city fibre give me 3 suppliers

Vodfaone
Zen
Braw Band

none of those 3 appear to be offering symmetrical speeds sadly (or if they do they don't advertise the fact).
zen advertise 900/100, brawband don't mention an upload speed at all during the "check what services you can get" process, and vodafone i wouldn't touch with a barge pole (but only appear to offer 80Mbps package)

I can confirm that BrawBand uses only the City Fibre network and therefore offers symmetrical speeds on all packages. Probably need to get the website updated so there is no doubt though!

In terms of our history, we are a part of HighNet who have been around for 29 years running their own network since 2012 :)

chenks

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2023, 11:38:41 AM »

I can confirm that BrawBand uses only the City Fibre network and therefore offers symmetrical speeds on all packages. Probably need to get the website updated so there is no doubt though!

In terms of our history, we are a part of HighNet who have been around for 29 years running their own network since 2012 :)

are you responding on behalf of Brawband in an official capacity?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]