Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Address showing ultrafast being rolled out  (Read 2649 times)

Chunk72

Re: Address showing ultrafast being rolled out
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 11:41:47 AM »

Just to follow up on my posts in this thread, on Wednesday morning FTTP became available to order for all 88 properties in the street. So that’s from OR turning up out of the blue to available to order in 1 month. I must say I am pleasantly gobsmacked. Not only that but I ordered from AAisp on Wednesday and the external work happened yesterday, with a confirmed install date of 23rd Sept. All in all, very impressed.

That's outstanding, enjoy your life in the fast lane  :)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20:58 PM »

It’s alright for some /s

I’ll post something similar in 2023  :D

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 07:31:32 PM »

You never know what might happen. Like you, I had written off FTTP for several years - the only vague plan I could see was City Fibre phase 2, with no date even estimated. Absolutely nothing visible in OR plans. Then this happens.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 10:53:52 PM »

Assuming you had registered your interest in FTTP on the Openreach website at some stage, I would be interested in how quickly they notify you that it's available at your address.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 06:20:36 AM »

I am registered with OR and no notification yet!
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

Derpy

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »

So, hi guys, been a lurker with this account for a few years now but this is my first post so go easy please :D

My street is hopefully getting fibre soon as part of R100 here and the BT checker did suddenly say they are building it after many months of R100 saying they were maybe/possibly/supposedly doing something about the poor FTTC I have.
I am hoping to get an idea of the eta from R100 but last time I asked them it was a case of "its coming, ask us later" and I have heard murmurs of by the end of March next year but I have no idea how realistic this is.
I dont know how long it all would be, in Scotland we dont have telegraph poles its all underground including my house I suspect so its probably not a fast job. We are about 20 houses and the street isnt exceptionally long but I know there are a huge amount of things that could go wrong to delay it, I just dont know how realistic end of march next year is given they have done no real work yet. A van did take a gander at the manholes today and some boys walked down the street a few months ago at the start of the summer but thats it so far.
Pages: 1 [2]