Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazon Prime Day 21st and 22nd June 2021  (Read 4880 times)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Amazon Prime Day 21st and 22nd June 2021
« on: June 19, 2021, 11:37:50 PM »

Anyone waiting for this to arrive?

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Amazon Prime Day 21st and 22nd June 2021
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »

Not sure what’s it’s all about but cost them a fair amount in advertising  :no:
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 09:26:16 PM »

Anyone use the Morrisons on Amazon grocery shop, I see for prime day they are offering £10 off a £50 grocery shop:

Shop aisles
£10 off your first Morrisons grocery shop
To celebrate Prime Day, get £10 off your first £50 Morrisons on Amazon grocery shop! Simply enter the promo code PRIME10OFF at checkout.

How to use my promotional code?

Step 1: Add your weekly grocery favourites to your basket of minimum £50 value.

Step 3: Choose your preferred delivery slot and apply the promo code PRIME10OFF at checkout. Offer ends June 25, 2021.

Step 4: Sit back and relax, your grocery order is being handpicked. Delivery updates will go straight to your phone and inbox.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 09:38:10 PM »

Its not as good as a proper supermarket delivery as AFAIK its just normal delivery drivers so nothing is refrigerated.  They frequently mix the fridge and freezer products in the same paper bags which is frustrating when you're trying to prioritise the frozen first.  We've had a few items we were 100% sure were still frozen.

The good thing about it is its available on much shorter notice than any of the supermarkets themselves.  We've had to rely on it a lot because getting delivery slots from the main supermarkets is a pain.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2021, 11:37:40 PM »

I'm not sure I could spend £50 on shopping at Morrisons  :-\

Amazon Warehouse in UK, Germany and France has 30% off items over prime days.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 02:09:25 AM »

Especially as they only carry a limited selection of products to begin with.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 12:15:13 AM »

Especially as they only carry a limited selection of products to begin with.

Found ubiquiti AC LR for £56.50 after 30% Amazon warehouse discount: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B016K5A06C/

Doesn't seem a bad price for a perfectly decent access point if you use ubiquiti.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 01:28:42 PM »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2021, 10:18:22 AM »

Did anyone purchase anything good?

I bought some Hive GU10 bulbs that I'd been waiting until they were on offer.  For some obscure reason they only discounted the single bulbs and not the multipacks for the GU10s, but it wasnt too bad as I was only needing 4 to finish off everything downstairs... except the main lounge light that has 6xGU9 leds so will have to wait until Hive to bring out a wall switch for that.  The other item on my 'wait until prime day' list was another wireless phone charger.  There wasnt a deals on the make I'd been wanting, but picked up a similar Anker version that was a good price.   I've had Anker things in the past which have been very good so looking forward to that arriving today. :) 

Also got a couple of impulse buys which were ~half price or less - a Galaxy Smart Tag and a wallet Tile.    Will be interesting to see comparison between the 2 makes.    Although the Tiles were slightly cheaper, I wanted the Galaxy Tag for my keys as it looked more key fobbish, but the winning feature was the multi-use button as remote smart control. I should be able to hook this up to Alexa to say set up turn on/off lights and then a long press for something else such as turn on heating.   
I think the wallet Tile is self explanatory, just a basic credit card size tag that fits in your purse/wallet.  That's already arrived and although I've not played with it yet, I am impressed with how slim it is.   Was originally going to get a tag for my handbag, but after seeing Tile did a credit card version thought that would be better as its usually my purse that I end up looking for :D   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 10:26:55 AM »

I purchased a new Philips electric razor (I know boring) as my old one is a bit past it at over 12 years old and in need of new cutters and batteries (not really replaceable).  Very good price only issue was that on arrival in sealed manufacturers packaging it would not turn on or charge. Tested the PSU but that was OK and would charge my old Philips one! Now waiting on a replacement to be delivered today before I send back the first one. Amazon price was £20 cheaper that Argos. So only a good deal if the second one works!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 04:10:39 PM »

It took Amazon nearly two days to convince me, but they finally bundled the echo dot 4th gen and firestick 4k for £42.

Prior to this they were reduced to £26 and £35 respectively, saw lots of peeps on hotukdeals screaming