Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

Controlling interleave depth

(1/4) > >>

Weaver:
Being on 21CN ADSL2 Andrews and Arnold gives me a three- or four-option parameter for downstream interleave control: off, on, ‘medium’ and a button marked ‘auto’ which I suspect is a toggle: auto vs off. I am wondering whether ‘on’ is higher than ‘medium’ ?

My downstream ADSL2 framing parameter D for downstream is set to 1, so does this mean ‘no interleave’? Is that correct? Why is that happening? Sounds as if the setting is currently actually ‘auto’ and some system has decided I don’t need d/s interleave. Very occasionally I get a sizeable d/s CRC spike, of 50 CRCs in one time quantum (a minute?). For me, since I don’t care about higher latency, not being a gamer, there’s no downside to having higher interleave depth, so I would like to force d/s interleave to be high in order to give me extra robustness and protect against these occasional errors especially while using Zoom. Is there anything I should be doing to take control of interleave state and depth?

burakkucat:
I remember reading about the logic of the interleave settings available for A&A ADSL2(+) users and, to me, it wasn't all that logical.  :-X

If you want to have permanent interleaving I believe you need to ignore the "auto" setting and just take the "on" option.

Weaver:
Agreed. I should have mentioned that it is currently set to ‘on’ for downstream, yet the D parameter is still 1.

g3uiss:
From my experience interleave at “on” will give D=1 if the  DLM thinks it doesn’t need it on ADSL2. You would think auto would do that, but it doesn’t seem so. I had that with Plusnet and Zen on ADSL2.

Alex Atkin UK:
So the question is, will Medium force it on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version