Chat > Tech Chat

BBC Article: "Saxmundham former BT exchange to go on view after 50 years"

<< < (2/2)

g3uiss:
Ah ! I see I did rather suspect the “Router”

meritez:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 16, 2021, 07:25:18 PM ---I don't think so.  ::)

The two sections that make up a Level Measuring Set.

I believe both images are related to equipment of a "repeater station", c.a. 1960s - 1970s.

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of:

licquorice:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 16, 2021, 07:03:54 PM ---Although I live in the county, I am too distant to make a visit.  :(

I can just imagine 4C's and liquorice's reactions to the two captions for the second & third images!  :D

--- End quote ---

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The 'Router' is a portion of the TJF (Test Jack Frame) which would have been located in Trunk Test to intercept and test the trunk circuits. The middle section of the panel are the alarms extended from remote exchanges parented on Saxmundham.

The 'Manual telephone sound equipment' are a voice frequency oscillator and measuring set which would also have been found in Trunk Test as well as the repeater station.

4candles:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 16, 2021, 07:03:54 PM ---I can just imagine 4C's and licquorice's reactions to the two captions for the second & third images!  :D

--- End quote ---

Indeed!   ::)    :lol:

--- Quote from: licquorice on September 16, 2021, 07:48:45 PM ---The 'Manual telephone sound equipment' are a voice frequency oscillator and measuring set which would also have been found in Trunk Test as well as the repeater station.

--- End quote ---

Yep, looks just like the pair I used on Trunk Test in the early 70s.

In the TRS in the 80s we used a 'combo unit' on the Works Order desk. IIRC the maintenance test bay used separates like the Trunk Test pair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version