Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTH & PFSense  (Read 863 times)

h0110

• Just arrived
FTTH & PFSense
« on: September 18, 2021, 02:36:18 PM »

Hey all!

Had a recent upgrade with FTTP ;D - 300/50 package via BT

I have one of the smaller Huawei ONT's currently set up with the standard Smart Hub - which I aim to ditch. With that said I plan to change it up to PFSense Box (HP T730) with a AX88U running as an AP.

Running into some issues with WAN setup from Huawei ONT's to the PFSense. It connects and able to get an successful connection including the AX88U getting an external contraction. But as soon as I run a speed test/download the PFSense crashes so cannot get any logs/further info.

Would appreciate any advise from anybody if anyone ran into the same issues - set up for WAN is exactly the same as this other than using the BT username & password - https://myworldofit.net/?tag=fttp. My suspicion its to do with the MTU - tried 1492/1500/1508 but same results every time - bricks and then have to force restart the PFSense box.

[Moderator edited to correct one typo.]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:52:58 PM by burakkucat »

hushcoden

• Reg Member
Re: FTTH & PFSense
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 04:11:57 PM »

Have you tried entering just the username (no password) ?

d2d4j

• Kitizen
Re: FTTH & PFSense
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 05:55:22 PM »

Hi

I do not think this has anything to do with your ONT or provider as you state it makes a good connection.

It is only when you try a speedtest

I am not sure if same happens under normal usage

I would look at pfsense logs and have you tried SSH into your pfsense when say it has crashed

Many thanks

John