Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beileag sleeping on the bedroom floor every night  (Read 490 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Beileag sleeping on the bedroom floor every night
« on: September 10, 2021, 11:13:18 AM »

Beileag, the black and white one of my two sisters, has started sleeping on the bedroom floor every night, near the foot of the bed. After nearly treading on her several times in the middle of the night, I tried to get her to move but was to infirm to pick her up, nor could I gently shove her aside and displace her with my foot without nearly falling over. In the end, Janet managed to lure her back in to the bed   and she had some cat treats as bribery. I asked myself how all this madness had started and why, and I think I have now found the answer. One night, some while back, Beileag was asleep on the bed at her favourite corner which is by Janet’s feet. I was awoken by cat squealing and now I believe the answer was that Thomas had accidentally jumped from the floor up on to the bed and landed on top of Beileag; she screams in terror and Thomas is equally shocked but shows it far less, has a very very weak voice and is (possibly) alpha male cat. So if this theory is correct, then it’s that hypothetical incident that started the sleeping on the floor; she was too frightened after that to sleep  on the bed any more.

Having now seen this small improvement, we now just need to keep further improvements going.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Beileag sleeping on the bedroom floor every night
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 04:15:00 PM »

Let's hope things change for the better. No upright can ever fully understand the workings of a feline mind.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: Beileag sleeping on the bedroom floor every night
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:35:37 PM »

She is not yet cured, but there are further good signs. Janet managed to call her up on to the bed successfully tonight.