Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: connecting iphone to pc  (Read 3155 times)

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
connecting iphone to pc
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »

A friend asked me to show them how to copy photos from their smart phone to pc.  Straightforward or so I thought.

However the phone in question is an iphone 6s and I only have experience of android.  Copying from iphone to pc doesn't on the face of it seems as easy as with android.

I have been unable to get phone to connect to pc.  Having researched this the problem appears to be that when I connect iphone to pc a screen should appear on iphone asking if you 'trust this computer' or something similar.  This screen doesn't appear and so can progress no further.

How can I proceed?

gom

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: connecting iphone to pc
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 09:48:29 PM »

You wont get that message when connecting to a PC (Only a Mac or Apple device).

When you plug in the phone, It should load a USB driver. Thereafter you can use Windows Explorer to browse to the phone and DCIM folder for the pictures. If it doesn't try an alternate USB socket

Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

grumpy old man

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 09:32:49 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I tried all usb ports when trying to connect.  I installed itunes but to no effect.  Having done a bit more research I will check in device management to see if driver has loaded.

gom

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 09:48:42 AM »

Some USB 'Lightning' cables are not compatible with iPhones for downloading, I have a 'iPhone 6', make sure It's got the latest iOS updates on her phone, I use Linux so I do not need iTunes  :)
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 03:15:26 PM »

It’s very likely the cable as mentioned. iTunes isn’t needed although it would normally force the device driver to be loaded. Most non Apple cables only work for charging
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

anything