Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

NordVPN : Cant Validate this TLS from Zyxel - might be man-in-middle attack..?

(1/5) > >>

snadge:
Hi everyone.

I have recently decided to try out NordVPN, and every now and again when I boot up after work, 70% of the time I get the message below, is it anything to be concerned about?

it says on the Nord website for a slightly different but similar thing, that you MAY have networking monitoring software and to disable that and re-ty, I have DSL_stats running on my PC when it turns on, but that's it, the VPN launches well before that as I have it on a 2 minutes delayed launch!!! so don't think its that?

help??
thanks

Alex Atkin UK:
If I were to guess, the router is intercepting somehow and its getting ITS certificate back, thus the complaint.  Not sure how/why that would be happening though.

meritez:
That looks like the zyxel DNS server intercepting.
If you make a backup of your router, these settings are at the bottom of the config.

Openwrt can do the same thing, but that was fixed awhile back.

snadge:
yeah it's not all the time, just on occasions, i wonder if it's because of DSL-stats, because it happens sporadically / randomly - I can't just stop DSL_stats and hope and wait - i want DSL-stats running all the time if i can

It's unlikely im being eavesdropped is it>?

Alex Atkin UK:
DSL Stats shouldn't cause it, I'd only expect it to happen if temporarily the Internet had stopped working so the router is trying to redirect you to its error/setup page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version