Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Incorrect login or password  (Read 4246 times)

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Incorrect login or password
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »

Slogged nearly all yesterday to achieve connection without avail, getting warnings of problem with network adapter and confusing details from Windows. I gave up, thinking the Zyxel may have popped its digiclogs.

It won't be anything to do with the Zyxel causing those issues. Either DSL Stats or your PC is having issues.
You need to prove that you can telnet into the Zyxel from whichever device is running DSL Stats, otherwise it isn't ever going to work.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 08:47:33 PM »

Mine is a very simple set up. DSLstats is only run by it, so I'm lost how to follow your advice.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2021, 09:03:49 PM »

Here is part of a fault report on my inability to connect, to me unfathomable,
Code: [Select]
There might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter
Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network. This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) can be used on the network adapter.
Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter
yet with the substituted Plusnet router there seems no problem.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2021, 08:13:38 AM »

What commands are you issuing when that error occurs, or is that coming from DSL Stats?
To prove the telnet connection you need to manually telnet to the Zyxel from the command line - ie "telnet <router IP address>" and then connect using the admin username and password.
If you have another PC rather than the DSL Stats one then try from that to see if the problem remains.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 09:40:40 AM »

What commands are you issuing when that error occurs, or is that coming from DSL Stats?
To prove the telnet connection you need to manually telnet to the Zyxel from the command line - ie "telnet <router IP address>" and then connect using the admin username and password.
If you have another PC rather than the DSL Stats one then try from that to see if the problem remains.
I think dealing with it all totally confusing and exhausting, as I  now am using the Hub 1, I will for domestic harmony not follow this thread for the time being, returning to it later.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 12:35:40 PM »

@renluop,

Let us know when you want to come back to this, the issue does sound like it's on the zyxel, and that the change that was made in the web interface has not reflected in the way dslstats communicates with the Zyxel.

Iain

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 12:47:38 PM »

Just a thought, did the router have a recent firmware upgrade?

I ask as I just had one on my Netgear D7000, resulting in no more Telnet access, hence DSLStats being unable to log in. Reverting to the pervious version made it all work again.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2021, 04:21:09 PM »

@Iain None I'm aware of.
Pages: 1 [2]