Chat > Tech Chat

Moving an exchange

<< < (2/10) > >>

j0hn:
Considering the OP wants an experienced telecoms engineer to help move the "exchange" I think it's safe to say they don't mean a building.

meritez:
They probably mean a frame in a office building.

Black Sheep:
I have to admit, when I read the OP ... my response was similar to roseway's  :lol:

But I am wondering if the poster intended this to mean a mini-MDF or similar ?? For example in large places like BAE Systems, Rolls Royce, Hospitals etc ... they do have their own frame and associated switch systems (Exchange). I'm wondering if the terminology, is making this request initially sound ludicrous ??

kitz:
I've had a PM from the OP about this thread.   Reading between the lines I think this is actually a serious post but the op says he is not very technical and so I dont think the phrase "move an exchange" should be taken literally.   I'm not even sure if English is first language. 

As I'm not around much this week due to medical reasons and literally have been totally wiped when I get home, there's not much point me entering into PMs as I dont even have any further technical info from the OP.. so I'd appreciate if you guys can try help fathoming out what it is he is wanting to achieve. 

Cheers.

kitz:
@blackhampete - it may help if you can perhaps answer the following questions so that we can have a better idea of what it is that you are wanting to do.

[*] Is it perhaps you mean that you want to change which exchange that your telephone line comes out of?   
[*]Possibly because there is another telephone exchange which is nearer to your premises?
[*]Are you wanting your telephone line re-routing and if so why?
[*]Is this for a residential or business property?

Whilst do have some experienced people here, unfortunately no-one can help until we have a little bit more information about what it is that you are trying to achieve and why.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version