Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Painting PCP's for "BIG LOCAL" - would they be sued>?  (Read 2726 times)

snadge

• Kitizen
Painting PCP's for "BIG LOCAL" - would they be sued>?
« on: August 22, 2021, 12:02:40 PM »

Hi

This is a question more for an Openreach engineer if one could answer? also, I dunno where to put this post so popped it in this section.
please feel free to move to where you think it should go (admin)

I have started volunteering for an organization called BIG LOCAL that does projects to keep town centres looking tidy and clean, we do things for the community and get them involved, free food for those in need, every day has different things going on in our centre for the locals to do..(check them out online), my team have been painting the seats in the town centre a sort of green colour and taking care of the flower boxes and replanting and weeding, removing graffiti etc, now there are 2 PCPs (a new 'double door' one and an old GPO one).

there is also an FTTC cab all right next to each other, all in different shades of green and the GPO one is rusty, my boss said he was thinking about painting them, I told him what they were and that they belong to BT and they may "kick-off" if you paint their equipment, I said maybe if it was the exact same colour (refreshed) with the number 14 painted back on they may not mind, but they could legally bring this company to court for touching/painting them, am I right?

I said I would ask here to find out, they've even painted a Virgin PCP grey before I started (im guessing without permission) as I saw it on their Facebook page (not that I use Facebook, I just took a look)

can anyone offer advice here?

thanks
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:03:36 PM by snadge »
Aquiss - 900/110/16ms - TP-Link AR73

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: Painting PCP's for "BIG LOCAL" - would they be sued>?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 01:04:04 PM »

You're correct. It isn't their property to paint.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 01:10:07 PM »

We have people who maintain these Cab's, Snadge - obviously as time has rolled on, they might be right at the bottom of the 'priority pile' compared to when I first started and you could eat your lunch of the Exchange floor and all assets were meticulously maintained.

Simply report it to OR and keep at them. Not got any links for you but I'm sure Google with provide one.

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 02:24:23 PM »

j0hn and Black Sheep, I have forwarded this information on to my boss. 

better safe than sorry :police:

Thanks to both of you

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 04:54:33 PM »

...compared to when I first started and you could eat your lunch of the Exchange floor and all assets were meticulously maintained.

That's going back a long long way.   :(
Some years ago, during a water shortage, Severn Trent were advised than an empty bowser had been left "outside that old derelict building on the corner of the high street". It was in fact the town's (working) exchange.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 09:33:35 PM by 4candles »
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 10:49:58 AM »

That Openreach article does say "thanks to a special 'partnership' with the artists", this infers (to me at least) that BT Openreach head of partnership for the North of England 'Robert Thorburn' was contacted and an arrangement agreed, yet those BBC articles seem to infer that BT Openreach doesn't care? as long as it's decent art, clean and not vandalism?

EDIT: I just thought i would add, that Big Local are a community-led initiative, backed by the government to clean up the town and it's what the people of the town want. The residents in the town have actually completed a lengthy survey to find out what the corporate colours of the town should be which is a light blue (lamp posts etc) and the green we are currently using (specifically coded to BS5252). The people don't want ugly uncoordinated colours which give the town a random and untidy appearance.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:55:35 AM by snadge »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 10:54:38 AM »

What seems common sense to me is to contact OpenReach and ask them if you can do it, after all it is their property and they may well have no objections if asked first. They can only say no.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

snadge

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 10:57:27 AM »

What seems common sense to me is to contact OpenReach and ask them if you can do it, after all it is their property and they may well have no objections if asked first. They can only say no.

Stuart

This is why I asked, and have suggested before i even started this thread, however my boss seems to think it would be hopeless??

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 01:39:04 PM »

I think its definitely worthwhile giving it a shot.  Being as it is part of an organisation to keep the town looking tidy, then its hardly likely to be some sort of grafitti mess.   I included the above post to show that they are approachable.

Ive heard of several cases where they've agreed to paint cabs to other plainish colours (such as black and even one stone like effect) so that they blend in with the surrounding area when local residents were unhappy about the big green Huawei cabs.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker