Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Address showing ultrafast being rolled out  (Read 2650 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Address showing ultrafast being rolled out
« on: August 22, 2021, 03:32:06 AM »

Checker at my address now says “ We're starting to build our ultra-fast, ultra-reliable Full Fibre broadband in your area”

I have checked other addresses in my exchange area and they all say the same.

I’ve also checked addresses at other exchanges that show in plan on the map but they still say they are not in plans currently.

I know that FTTP for my area (Hemsworth) comes from another exchange area (South Elmsall)that’s currently being rolled out rapidly, could I be looking closer to 2022 than 2026?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:00:13 AM by S.Stephenson »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Address showing ultrafast being rolled out
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 08:13:20 AM »

Possibly, although it really is a case of how longs a piece of string.

Our area showed as planned mid to late 2019, my brother got his installed a few days ago.

Apart from surveying our estate they've not even started, our estate is direct in ground, so is more expensive do do, and thus being left to last. Loads of surrounding roads have been done for a long time, but they are all overhead feeds.

If yours is fed overhead or fully ducted, then there is a fair chance it will be done sooner rather than later. Black sheep may be able to tell you more.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:45:44 AM »

I'd take a punt on 22/23 looking at the data and of course whereabouts your own PON will sit in the roll-out - it may be one of the first to get built, or it may be one of the last ?? This can see up to 12 months elapse between the two.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 02:25:39 AM »

Thanks Black Sheep, more hopeful that it isn’t 2026 now  ;D

I’ve checked quite a few postcodes in the 2021-2026 areas and only a few others are showing the same as mine, maybe this checker will be the first sign for people that work will be starting.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:40:52 AM by S.Stephenson »

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 06:48:25 AM »

For what it's worth, my postcode (DH2 1UF) is also showing that response and it coincided with OR turning up 2 weeks ago to pull fibre into the street. This is despite there being nothing in the current plans for Birtley exchange, as confirmed by BS. Strange thing is there is no plan to do any other street on the estate, other than Bellerby Drive. Cabling is now complete and OR have been back this week doing the splicing. The OR guys reckon it should be up and running in the next few weeks.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »

For what it's worth, my postcode (DH2 1UF) is also showing that response and it coincided with OR turning up 2 weeks ago to pull fibre into the street. This is despite there being nothing in the current plans for Birtley exchange, as confirmed by BS. Strange thing is there is no plan to do any other street on the estate, other than Bellerby Drive. Cabling is now complete and OR have been back this week doing the splicing. The OR guys reckon it should be up and running in the next few weeks.

Could this be a CFP (Community Funded Partnership) PON ???

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 07:19:37 PM »

Could this be a CFP (Community Funded Partnership) PON ???

Not as far as I’m aware BS. Certainly we have had no notification about it. The street was the last one built in 1986 on what is a very large estate, and as such is farthest away from the FTTC cab. Also the builders made it quite different from the rest of the estate with all properties being detached and nothing less than 3 bed. I have wondered if the FTTC cabs were nearing capacity, and OR maybe saw this as a way of releasing some space. Whatever the reasoning behind it I’m certainly not complaining!

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 09:03:03 AM »

I emailed the fibre enquiries like a day before I started this thread and they just got back to me.

“ Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.   

I’ve looked into your enquiry and the great news is that we will have some fantastic connectivity options for your home. I can see the fibre equipment you’re connected to is getting an upgrade. This will give you fibre to the premises. 

Our engineering work is due to start the beginning of January, 2023 and will take several months to complete. I’m sorry we can’t give you a more specific date at this time.”

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 09:34:43 AM »

Just checked - and your project isn't under 'rural' - it's under 'retro new sites'. Lucky you.  ;)

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 11:28:35 AM »

Just checked - and your project isn't under 'rural' - it's under 'retro new sites'. Lucky you.  ;)

RNS and built in 1986???

They are stretching that definition are they not!  :D
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 12:17:25 PM »

Thanks for checking that BS and apologies for the thread hijack!

Retro New Sites sounds fine to me!!

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 01:36:15 PM »

RNS and built in 1986???

They are stretching that definition are they not!  :D

Ha ha - I hear ya, j0hn.  :D

I thought I'd GOOGLE 'Retro' to see what it's infinite wisdom had to offer .... one avenue it takes states  .... "What time period is retro ?? - Typically, the term retro is given to items which are at least 20 years old (but not yet 40 years old)."

I look at my own kids as 'items', and shall now call them Retro 1 & Retro 2.  :)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 11:17:52 PM »

Really?  The term always seems to be used to mean over 20 years or so, never with a cut-off.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »

Just to follow up on my posts in this thread, on Wednesday morning FTTP became available to order for all 88 properties in the street. So that’s from OR turning up out of the blue to available to order in 1 month. I must say I am pleasantly gobsmacked. Not only that but I ordered from AAisp on Wednesday and the external work happened yesterday, with a confirmed install date of 23rd Sept. All in all, very impressed.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »

@atkinsong, that's great news, please keep us updated on the install.
Pages: [1] 2

anything