Chat > Tech Chat

Something Happened!

(1/7) > >>

burakkucat:
Just after 1500 hours, yesterday, (Friday, 20th August 2021) both my telephony and Internet access ceased to operate. After a few minutes, both returned. Upon checking (17070), I still had the correct telephone number. A harvest of the circuit's xDSL data was made and the four usual snapshot plots were produced.

Attached, below, are a montage of the four snapshot plots from the beginning of August and a montage of the four snapshot plots from after Friday's event. b*cat did not request it . . .

Alex Atkin UK:
That's certainly unexpected, somewhat alarming if you didn't have a modem/router capable of supporting it as you would have been left with no service.

RealAleMadrid:
A bit worrying that your Broadband connection type changed with no prior warning from your ISP.  :o

You appear to have a good range of tones in use, albeit with low bit loading at the high end. Hlog looks very smooth. What are the VDSL2 lines stats telling you?

kitz:
As Alex has already mentioned, its a good job your modem is compatible. 

It will be interesting what the ISP says...  and I trust there will be no increase in subscription costs nor changes to any contract.

tiffy:
Wonder if it could have been a mistake by an OR engineer at your PCP attempting to carry out a legitimate, requested ADSL to VDSL migration on another subscriber, has been known?
Will certainly be interesting to hear what your ISP has to say.

On the positive side, you have had a free sneak preview of VDSL service on your line!

Typo correction:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version